All Things Miracle!!!!

Sandi149

We have cabins 5122 and 5124 booked on the Miracle sailing to the Southern Caribbean on March 29, 2009. I've noticed that they are right down from the Childrens Play room. Has anyone stayed in these connecting cabins? How was the noise level from Pinocchio's Club?

Thanks!

Just wanted to thank everyone on this thread. All your info has helped us make our cruise a very enjoyable one. We loved our cabin 5268 aft. We used all those helpful hints along the way. Such as putting the chock in the door to hold it open. Closing the curtains during the day to keep the cabin cooler. Clean the deck chairs before sitting, etc etc. Thank you one an all.

I must have missed the chock in the door, where would you put it and what size chock would you need...

I must have missed the chock in the door, where would you put it and what size chock would you need...

It is the door stopper that the cabin stewart uses to hold the door of the cabin open. You will find it when you first walk in on the floor right near the front door under the closets. We would wedge in between the bottom of the balcony door and and it would hold it open so we could walk in and out. Remember when you have the balcony door open don't open the cabin door because everything will go flying around. I hope this can help you.

It is the door stopper that the cabin stewart uses to hold the door of the cabin open. You will find it when you first walk in on the floor right near the front door under the closets. We would wedge in between the bottom of the balcony door and and it would hold it open so we could walk in and out. Remember when you have the balcony door open don't open the cabin door because everything will go flying around. I hope this can help you.

its called chock??

:p

Just back from the Miracle! We had a great great time, and I can't wait to go next year. We're already booked June 1 - 9. I must say - this was the most exhausting crusie I've ever been on. DH and I were catering to a group of 250, along with my parents, and I'm pretty sure that I've never been this... unrelaxed on a vacation. ;)

But we DID have a great time. We are thrilled to be back on the same ship next year. And I'll be happy to answer any questions that I am able to for anyone that has them.

(and BTW - totally spoiled for the balcony... can't book anything less now. ;) )

It took me 3 days and my eyes feel like they are gonna fall out but I finally got to the end (for now;) ) of this thread. WOW You guys are great. The amount of info in here is unbelieveable. I have a couple of questions. Sorry if they were in the thread somewhere and I missed it. We are going on the Miracle out of NY on 7/20/2008

#1 Nick and Nora's. I read several people saying they were booking N&N's on our San Juan night. I was thinking of the night we leave Tortola. We have to be back on the ship early since we leave port by, I think, it's 2pm. That's Friday, I think. Does that sound like it would be a good night?

#2 I am getting (actually, already have) My Documents online. Are there actual excursion "tickets"? If so, how do I get those? The excursions ARE listed on My Documents but are there actual "tickets"?

#3 Anyone ever stay in cabin #6243? It is a connecting cabin but we are not opening the door since we are not sailing with the neighbors :) . Is there any difference between a connecting cabin and a regular one? What's missing along the wall to make room for the door? Any pictures?

Thanks all!:)

#1 Nick and Nora's. I read several people saying they were booking N&N's on our San Juan night. I was thinking of the night we leave Tortola. We have to be back on the ship early since we leave port by, I think, it's 2pm. That's Friday, I think. Does that sound like it would be a good night?

I think that Tortola night is not a bad night at all to do Nick and Nora's - we only did San Juan night because of the group we were with - the night we were in San Juan was the only night we didn't have our private groups playing in the Mad Hatter Lounge.

I think that Tortola night is not a bad night at all to do Nick and Nora's - we only did San Juan night because of the group we were with - the night we were in San Juan was the only night we didn't have our private groups playing in the Mad Hatter Lounge.

We are also in a group. A small family group but a group none the less. In Tortola, DH and I are going snorkeling by ourselves. The others are doing their own thing that day too. We're doing all group things on the other days. So I thought we could really make it OUR day if we did N&N's instead of the dining room that night.

[Thanks all!:)

That would probably be a good night or the first night at sea back (the second elegant evening) would be good.

We did the second elegent evening which was fine since everyone else is dressed up.

We had our reservation for six pm and it was perfect since we got to watch the sunset from the table.

Personally i think its the better night as MOST people ill be booking the San Juan night which gives your night less people.

#2 I am getting (actually, already have) My Documents online. Are there actual excursion "tickets"? If so, how do I get those? The excursions ARE listed on My Documents but are there actual "tickets"?

if booking online before you go-- yes you get tickets which will be in your cabin when you arrive. If you do not receive yyour tickets within 24 hours of sailing take your stuff to the shore excursion desk and ask about it.

#3 Anyone ever stay in cabin #6243? It is a connecting cabin but we are not opening the door since we are not sailing with the neighbors :) . Is there any difference between a connecting cabin and a regular one? What's missing along the wall to make room for the door? Any pictures?

connecting door will be down by the balcony door. each of the cabins hold onyl two people so no worry about a family of teens being next door. your cabin still will have a sofa and the rest of the stuff. Since you wont be needing the connecting door the cabin steward will not unlock it--double check to make sure its locked--and if it isnt-- get it locked ASAP.

replied in red

Hey Sandi!! I need to ask you a question not related to cruise critic! Can you go to our Miracle website so you can contact me from there please!

Anne

Anne, email me at

onion4333@mypacks.net

I use that acct when I post on msg boards. Then I will email you back from my regular email addy.

does carnival have membership levels for trips taken ie: gold, platinum etc.

when you have so many carnival cruises does it entitle you to any extra amenities?

thanks in advance

100 gets you a free cruise.

1 blue S & S card== first time cruiser

2-9 gets a gold sign and sail card. (most everyone onboard has this card)

10- platinum with perks.

25 up gets you cabin credit

here is the link that says what each level is entitled to

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/static_templates/concierge.aspx#pm

Why don't you do both. :p

we are going on the miracle in june 2009 i was just wondering if you left from new your and if you know the best way to get there from philly and where to stay and park or any other ways of transportatation

we are going on the miracle in june 2009 i was just wondering if you left from new your and if you know the best way to get there from philly and where to stay and park or any other ways of transportatation

When we cruised the Legend out of NY we took the regional rail to Trenton and got on the NJ Transit train to Penn Station then grabbed a taxi to let us off across the street from the ship. Lines were long for drop off and NY has a wait time that is added to the fare.

I think it costs us 14.00 one way per person.

When you figure in the cost of gas today--plus the time it takes to get there- tunnels, traffic PLUS the huge parking fees... driving just dont seem like its worth it.

• 3 weeks later...

I know we aren't supposed to bump threads, but I just refuse to let this very informative thread die!

All the Miracle newbies out there NEED this thread!

And if we end up booking our Miracle Reunion cruise, I'll need to read up on all the latest.

Archived