Passport renewal Info

Joanniebop

That is great to know. I have cousins who want to cruise with us in Jan and need to order a passport. The website still says 6-8 weeks.

Coolmama, keep in mind that mine was a renewal and I did pay the extra to expidite.

I have a daughter and her boyfriend that are travelling with us also on a cruise early Jan. and 6-8 weeks won't be too bad if that's all it takes. I hope that it's accurate because she still didn't get hers started. Procrastinator:mad:

I renewed my passport at the end of August using the mail and received it about 2 1/2 weeks later, to my amazement. Did not use expedited service either. Since I will be traveling in the Spring, wanted to renew now in case of a backlog again when the Canadian/Mexico travel by land requirement goes into effect. However, my passport expiration date was Feb. of 2009, so in essence, I've "cheated" myself in time remaining of nearly 1 1/2 years! They even returned one passport photo to me.

I renewed my passport at the end of August using the mail and received it about 2 1/2 weeks later, to my amazement. Did not use expedited service either. Since I will be traveling in the Spring, wanted to renew now in case of a backlog again when the Canadian/Mexico travel by land requirement goes into effect. However, my passport expiration date was Feb. of 2009, so in essence, I've "cheated" myself in time remaining of nearly 1 1/2 years! They even returned one passport photo to me.

JolieMadam, I kind of did the same thing. My original passport didn't expire till June of 2008 but I have a trip in Nov. this year and Jan next year. I didn't think that the new dates would be at time of re-issue. I just assumed that it would start at the original expiration date.

I lost 9 months.

Oh well, I am just really glad that we got ours, now just have to work on procastinator daughter.:rolleyes:

Archived