Bringing water onboard in San Diego

espmass

I have always cruised where we flew in to the port and got onboard so I never really had the option of bringing my own bottled water onboard. This time we'll be in LA for a few days and then will be driving down to San Diego to board the Dawn. Since we will be there ahead of time and I will have access to stores, will I be permitted to carry on bottled water? I use the gym 1-2 times a day and prefer to have a small bottle with me. Thanks.

I have always cruised where we flew in to the port and got onboard so I never really had the option of bringing my own bottled water onboard. This time we'll be in LA for a few days and then will be driving down to San Diego to board the Dawn. Since we will be there ahead of time and I will have access to stores, will I be permitted to carry on bottled water? I use the gym 1-2 times a day and prefer to have a small bottle with me. Thanks.

It will not be a problem, but just a bit of food for thought. All ships water is fine, probably as pure if not more pure than the bottled water itself. I would take on a couple of bottles and just refill them and put them in the frig to cool. Less work than carrying it on and you will never notice the difference with the quality of the ships water vs. bottled water anymore.

True. I meant I'd bring a few bottles more to have the bottles than anything else. I have always had no problem with ships' water. I don't like those plastic straw cups and much prefer sports bottles. Thanks for the info.

I've departed from Seattle and Ft. Lauderdale in the US and never had a problem bringing water onboard. What I normally do is buy a case of Poland Spring pint bottles, slap a luggage tag on it, and give it to the porter with the rest of the checked baggage. Has shown up at our cabin without a problem each time.

I agree with espmass who has answered his own question. Also remember that most of the bottled water on the mass market isn't from a spring -- it's simply refiltered city tap water with maybe a few minerals tossed in for good measure. Drink the tap water on the ship, which tastes every bit as good and save the money you would have used to buy the bottled water and spend it on something else during the cruise.

George+

Archived