Naturalist Brent Nixon

kitsy

Marjorie lea, what number did you call to find out? I looked for a number, but couldn't find one. I tried the 1800princess, but it wouldn't work since I live locally.

Whenzuc - yes, there is usually only 1 naturalist on board. Last time he gave 4 awesome 1 hour talks. He was then available afterwards to talk. He also is on board watching for wildlife and announcing it over the loudspeaker. He also went on the whalewatching excursion with us in Victoria.

Kitsy

http://oldwestaussies.com/

Hi Kitsy,

I called the 800 princess, waited for the Captains circle selection and then asked about Breny and who would be the cruise director. Hope this helps.

Have you been to Sitka? Any info would be appriciated. Have been twice to Juneau and Skagway. Did Captain Larry tour, excellent!!!

Last year my husband and I werelucky to be up early for breakfast when Brent came in, yes he sat with us and had loads of stories he shared. Very nice and knowledgable man!!!

Keep in touch, Marjorie

Margorie,

Thanks so much for checking for me. I agree about Brent Nixon. When we were there 2 years ago he had his wife and daughter on board with him. His daughter was darling. I just love his energy and love of the wildlife. He has so much to share. I'm excited that my brother and his wife will get to see him. Let me know how it goes on your cruise.

Kitsy

Regal Princess to Alaska 7/25/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;07;25;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

• 2 weeks later...

We had Brent with us on the Mercury (Celebrity cruise line). We had a blast. His presentations were fun, informative and the pix he takes are absolutely stunning.

Beth

astracat, cruising one ship at a time

I am so disappointed that Princess let him go. I'm glad you enjoyed him. We're considering switching to Celebrity next year because we want to see him again. We wanted to stay with Princess, but this has us re-thinking our options. I guess I'll see how terrible the new Naturalist is on the Regal this summer. He has some large shoes to fill.

Kitsy

Regal Princess to Alaska 7/25/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;07;25;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

I had heard that a few years ago, Brent had told Princess he needed the summer off. He later changed his mind and that year, he worked for another cruise line since Princess' positions were full. I believe he is still with Princess in the summers. I had heard that Brent likes the smaller ships.

I had "Barbara" on my cruise last year and she was fantastic. I wasn't as impressed with Bruce who was on the Dawn Princess for 4 weeks this year.

Archived