2 tank in Nassau?

gill_boo

Has anyone done the 2 tank dive in Nassau? Wondering what the sites are they generally use, the depth's and if its with the $150?

The good thing about diving is that you keep a log :D.

The dives via RCCL are done by Stuarts Cove dive resort. We booked with full equipement and paid around 110 euro's so that sounds about the same amount as your 150 US. They supply you with; weightbelt and weigths, vest, regulator, 2 full tanks, flippers, mask (I think a snorkel). No wetsuite.

First dive:

Time in : 13:47

Time out : 14:27

Depth : 21.9 meters (aprx. 72 feet)

Visibility : a lot...

Second dive:

Time in : 15:11

Time out : 15:53

Depth : 20.4 meters (aprx. 67 feet)

Visibility : a lot...

There are a few pictures in my gallery of those dives. Check out the September 2006 cruise in my gallery.

I personally liked both dives a lot and the crew was very nice. The group size was acceptable. A bit to large for my linking but acceptable. They turn around when the first of the group has a half tank. So if you are not a heavy air-user yourself be prepaired for a little disappointment about the dive length. 40/45 minutes is probably as long as it gets.

Would I recommend it? In one word: Yes..

The good thing about diving is that you keep a log :D.

The dives via RCCL are done by Stuarts Cove dive resort.

Would I recommend it? In one word: Yes..

Did Stuart Cove take snorklers with you on the same boat? I can't dive due to proximity with flight out the next morning in Miami and I am very cautious about the 24 hour rule... I would like to go on a nice snorkeling boat trip in the Bahamas instead. :)

They have seperate boats for the snorkelers and snuba folks. However, if you have someone who is not certified they may do a "ride along". Stuart's Cove is a fairly big operation with several boats going out and alot of equipment. They had fresh water showers and flush toliets in locker rooms which was nice after the dive.

All in all, it was a nice dive with good visability. It is fairly far from the cruise dock, so don't plan on doing anything else except the dive in Nassau if you have a small port time.

I think we had about 12 on our boat (only 5 from our cruise ship). Most people were very nice, however there was one rude family of about 6 that kept everyone waiting on board while they purchased hamburgers from the dock. The divemasters polietly reminded them we were using bottom time but they didn't move until the boat started to pull away from the dock. Karma bit them in the butt later when they realized they left one of the teens weight belt by the hamburger stand.

You could probably book a cheaper excursion on your own, but I like the fact they will hustle you back to the cruise ship if time gets short (that happened with us...made it back with about 15 min. to spare.) So overall my recommendation is yes.

Did Stuart Cove take snorklers with you on the same boat? I can't dive due to proximity with flight out the next morning in Miami and I am very cautious about the 24 hour rule... I would like to go on a nice snorkeling boat trip in the Bahamas instead. :)

We didn't have any snorklers on our boat. I think, as HCW80 said, that they have different boats for that.

About the 24 hour rule. I can only agree with you for being carefull. Personally I also leave 24 hours between diving and flying but most dive computers let you fly way before 24hours. Also (I have to look it up) I think PADI uses a 12 hour window for one dive and 18 hours for multiple dives. But as I said; I can only agree with you if you go with the more safe margine of 24 hours.

Thanks for clarifying that its a second boat for snorkling. Guess I may look 'em up or give 'em a call to see what program they have.

DW and I were there in April so don't really need to go shopping, other than perhaps to pick up a suitcase full of rum cake...:D

DutsCruiser, thanks for the great info. Funny I was looking at my log book at my dives from my Tahitian cruise the other day. Your info was great and I will porbably end up booking the 2 tank in Nassau and then just spend the day on the beach in Coco Cay where its just a one tank dive. Our port time is like 8am to midnight, so I am not concerned about a short port time. The info says its a 4 hour excursion so I think I will have plenty of time.

DutsCruiser, thanks for the great info. Funny I was looking at my log book at my dives from my Tahitian cruise the other day. Your info was great and I will porbably end up booking the 2 tank in Nassau and then just spend the day on the beach in Coco Cay where its just a one tank dive. Our port time is like 8am to midnight, so I am not concerned about a short port time. The info says its a 4 hour excursion so I think I will have plenty of time.

My pleasure.. My first dives I didn't write any thing other than the short statistics I put down here but now I log more information about my dives. It helps you remember the great dives you had.

A Tahitian cruise? WOW.. I hope to do that one day..

I think you made the right choice. I haven't done any diving in Cococay but I have done some snorkling there. Not worth it in my opinion. Enjoy the beach in Cococay that's the best think to do over there.

With a midnight departure should give you plenty of time. But I would not count to much on the four hours. I haven't logged the exact times but I do remember a delay due to the chaos at port (unclear which bussen should take who). and quite a drive to get to Stuarts cove.

B.t.w. don't worry about the delay thing.. They seem to be used to it and work it out between the busdrivers. Just confirm with the driver where he thinks he is going :D

Archived