Beach Wallet?

RogerandChris

My husband has a couple of Speedo Swim Trunks that came with a detachable waterproof pouch in the back pocket. You wouldn't be able to fit a wallet in it, but a few cards & some cash will fit. It's come in very handy on our water excursions.

Most of the ships sell a 'waterproof safe' that hangs around your neck. Works great to hold ID, credit card and small amount of cash. Always check to be sure it does not leak.

Cruise critic sales the waterproof safe also.

Most of the ships sell a 'waterproof safe' that hangs around your neck. Works great to hold ID, credit card and small amount of cash. Always check to be sure it does not leak.

To be quite honest leaking is not really an issue - falllling apart is! I generally carry some cash, credit card, S&S card - so what if they get wet? - most id cards we carry are probably 'plasticized'.

My dh bought one of those beach safes on one of our cruises - and as he was swimming it came apart - when he looked down he still had the top part hanging from the neck cord but the pin holding bottom part fell out. So we donated some cash ($50) to Sapphire beach but the really problem was the credit card! We dove around trying to find it - and finally got some help from another family (w/ 3 teenage boys) who were able to find it for us.

If you do use a beach safe I would suggest using a large elastic (I use my dd's big ponytail elastics) to at least hold it together when in the water!

Froufie

P.S. Have since bought my hubby a Pelican case - very sturdy and definitely waterproof!

We had trouble finding one of these ahead of time but bought one onboard for 5 or 6 bucks and it worked great. It seems pretty sturdy - I don't know if they regularly fall apart like the poster above had happen or if it was just a fluke.

I'm looking for something to hold my ship card, id and some cash so if I go into the water I'll have them safeguarded. What do you do?

I ordered a cruise critic beach safe. It was 5.95 plus postage. Mine cost me 7.25. You can find them at the top of the page under CC LOGOWEAR.

I have used the Magellan's Splash Cady and had no trouble. They work like a belt pouch and have a plastic bag on the inside. As with all plastic bags, they leak a little and cannot be used over and over. I usually place a little cash, S&S card and a Credit card in it. Use the link at the top and judge for yourself. Or use this link: http://www.magellans.com/store/Safety___Security___Security_Purses___TotesSV834?Args=

I have used the Magellan's Splash Cady and had no trouble. They work like a belt pouch and have a plastic bag on the inside. As with all plastic bags, they leak a little and cannot be used over and over. I usually place a little cash, S&S card and a Credit card in it. Use the link at the top and judge for yourself. Or use this link: http://www.magellans.com/store/Safety___Security___Security_Purses___TotesSV834?Args=

I agree - we have used this on several cruises and a week in Cancun and it worked great. It came with replacement plastic bags so when one got worn we just replaced the guts.

I bought ArmPac (Code 605) for my DH for our cruise last Oct. It is great. We used for the cruise and all this summer for our water activities. We are also using it on our cruise this year. We've never had a problem...Def. no leaking! Here's the link.

http://www.aquapac.net/usstore/erol.html#1X0

Good Luck!

I bought a Royal Caribbean Plastic Water Wallet brand new on -E-bay. I tested it under water and it DID NOT LEAK!! The question is: What are you supposed to do with your passport? This safe is big enough to store Stateroom key, Credit cards & cash but not the passport. Any advice is good advice.:) Have a good night.

That's the one I bought also and it leaked right from the start. You had no problem with it? Since we were going to be putting our camera in there, I didn't want to take a chance.

I bought a Royal Caribbean Plastic Water Wallet brand new on -E-bay. I tested it under water and it DID NOT LEAK!! The question is: What are you supposed to do with your passport? This safe is big enough to store Stateroom key, Credit cards & cash but not the passport. Any advice is good advice.:) Have a good night.

I'm wondering the same thing...should we only take a copy of our passports to port?

Thanks!

Archived