gratuities

Jesterscourt

tipping has gotten to be a real hassel - we just completed our 8th cruise & thought the automatic tipping had been fine but now I wonder if the other system wasn't better. We got pretty nice service & were happy but we really don't need much extra so we're fine. We left the tips in place but on the last day of the cruise everyone made it very evident they expected an extra tip. We did tip extra since we really felt on the spot with everyone with their hands out. Perhaps the best idea is to include the tips in the cost of the cruise & not expect the crew to try to get by on tips or expect to live on them.

tipping has gotten to be a real hassel - we just completed our 8th cruise & thought the automatic tipping had been fine but now I wonder if the other system wasn't better. We got pretty nice service & were happy but we really don't need much extra so we're fine. We left the tips in place but on the last day of the cruise everyone made it very evident they expected an extra tip. We did tip extra since we really felt on the spot with everyone with their hands out. Perhaps the best idea is to include the tips in the cost of the cruise & not expect the crew to try to get by on tips or expect to live on them.

Wow Waves alot! what line were you on? I'd would be very uncomfortable with that attitude from the staff. I personally tip everyone the 1st few days of the cruise~I do not use autotip~it is not a bribe it is no different than the autotip, I just do it early and it still goes to the pool that the autotip does. Then at the end of the cruise if I have certain folks who have gone the extra mile for me, I give them extra as well as a recognition card. Please folks, no flames, everyone has their own way and views on tipping..........I must march to a different drummer:eek:

Archived