Constellation stateroom-change

ferrycruiser

Hi!

We booked the constellation tour "ultimate caribbean" 2008 and were very lucky with stateroom no. 6144. now our agency changed us to stern-cabin no. 8172. do you think, this is a good change, or would you try to change back??

thanks a lot for your help!!

Ahoi,

It is not a bad change since those aft cabins on the M class are really great with the much deeper balcony.... The question is why did they move you - very possible is those PH Suites required extra cabins close by... Ask them and see what they say.

6144 does seem wider but the ones at the back are just as nice.

I also would like to know why your agency changed you - it's not an upgrade (although the afts IMO are better cabins of the same class), but it's just odd they would do that without your permission.

I always book afts, always book direct with Celebrity, and always insist that my reservation be marked "do not upgrade" (the only thing I would accept would be the Penthouse Suite, since that is also an aft, but that ain't gonna happen). Celebrity always says "oh, we would never upgrade you without asking you first" but I have heard MANY stories where they did just that. In your case I think you got a better cabin, but I'd still like to know why they did it in the first place. 6135 and 6136 have connecting doors to the adjacent suites, so I could understand if a large party wanted your cabin, too, but 6144 does not have a connecting door to anything.

We are the Connie for its Dec 2008 xmas and new years cruise. I think that we will be in the same cabin 8172 as you. The cabin is a a veranda that is 125 square feet as compared to something in the range of 42 feet.The view is I have bben told great.

Michael

If you're happy with the new stateroom based on what you've heard here, you might want to speak with your agency to ensure that your booking in that room is now marked "No Upgrade" so that you don't find yourself moved into another cabin that might be less desirable.

Hi!

Thanks for all that helpful answers! We'll hold the new stateroom and let the agency know, we don't want any upgrade (instead of royal-/penthouse-suite ;-).

They didn't change the stateroom on their own. Before we switched to cabin 6144 we asked for stern-cabin-waitinglist.

Ahoi,

Archived