Help! Toddler Sleepng Arrangement

HickoryNuts

My sister will be traveling in a Noordam quad cabin this fall with her 2 small children (DS age 3 and DD age 2). She is concerned with them rolling off the beds as at home the little one is still in a crib and the older one has bed rails. Do the matresses lift up so that she can take bed rails, or is there a better solution?

Looking forward to HAL moms' wisdom.

Thanks Susie and jhannah. I never even thought of asking HAL for rails. Although we are driving to the port, it will be nice for her to not have to lug them along. Do you think a rail would fit onto the sofa when it is not pulled out? That way they would have a lot more room to move about in the cabin.

Susie, how long ago did you sail? Can you tell me if the children's birth certificates alone is all they need? The only other ID we have (I am also traveling with children) is their social security cards.

I chose not to renew thier passports until next year because my DD will be 11y.o. then and will be able to get an adult passport when that one expires.

I love the HAL boards! Thank you!

Can you tell me if the children's birth certificates alone is all they need? The only other ID we have (I am also traveling with children) is their social security cards.

I chose not to renew thier passports until next year because my DD will be 11y.o. then and will be able to get an adult passport when that one expires.

Rumrunner - Call HAL or your TA - whoever you booked thru - to find out NOW. It takes 8-10 wks to renew a passport. Unless you're going to US ports only like Puerto Rico or St. Thomas (USVI), you're gonna need them. You surely don't want to arrive at the pier to find out. :o

This past spring friends of our took their kids - then 9 & 11 - to Curacao for a land-based holiday. They ALL needed passports.

Passports generally need to be valid for 6 mos. AFTER the end of your travel dates. I guess in case you get stuck in-country?

Actually I'm rather surprised that you weren't given this information when you booked. :confused:

I'm in totally agreement Sunshine91! Even before it was required and once we had been on a few cruises, I thought to myself, "why would I ever take my family out of the country without a passport?" My daughter turned 1 on her first cruise and she had her passport. Granted I'm fairly conservative and always wanted to be reasonably protected.

I'd pay the fees and get the kids passports. Just my opinion.

Archived