NCL customer service

Lowie

This is absolutely not true. Read what I have said about a situation I had with Princess just last week: exactly the same thing, price dropped with new promo, for new bookings only: no adjustments.......T

Nita

Okay so Princess may be doing it to.But unless they have just changed RCCL,HOLLAND,and Celebrity all honored price reductions.We watch prices and have taken advantage of orice reductions on practically allthe cruises we have done.With the exception of our current booking on NCL.WHICH we booked early believing in thier advertizing of book early and save.They are now selling the same cabin 300 pp cheaper under thier pity promo.

What about when your cruise is 8 months away and you see the fares for Penthouses and Suites come down in price and you decide that you would like to upgrade?

You can't cancel your current cabin and re-book the higher class cabin to take advantage of the current rates.

Yes you can unless they are running a new bookings only promo

Seems to have gone back to another price drop thread,

The key with customer service is not the price drops but how they are handled and that is not too good currently with no apparant consistancy.

My direct contact with NCL customer service has been OK on and off ship but I do know of others that have problems with what should be easy things to sort out.

Previous examples are lost OBC once on ship, the attitude of the customer facing people has not been good on this issue, ranging from "we don't believe you" to "there is nothing we can do sort it out when you get back".

even producing invoice with the OBC did not help.

Hopefully these things are getting better NCL-uk used to have a terrible reputation a couple of years ago we will see if things have improved when we take our two Gem trips this year a lot of Brits on board so will find out.

(we booked through the US for the cheaper prices)

I am just a little annoyed with NCL today! I booked my 3rd cruise with NCL as soon as I received a flyer in the mail advertising the new NCL GEM with a 12 day round trip out of Barcelona. I call NCL directly and also travel agent. NCL could not give me air out of our local airport so I could not book the entire trip through them. The TA gave me a lower price for the cruise but had a really hight air price so I decided to book directly with NCL and book air on my own.

NCL would not give me the cabin price for a balcony that was advertuse in the brochure that I just received because those cabins were "all sold out". The NCL agent gave me a quote $200 pp higher but would guarantee us a cabin of BA or better. She practically promised an upgrade! Got cabin assignment a few days ago to a deck 10 BA (okay that's what we paid for) but it is right by an elevator and I wonder if it is also view impared!!!!

Needless to say I think I got the sham. I tried to get the cabin changed but the agent told me that the only "upgrad" that I could buy is an owner's suite at nearly $4,000 more than the $4,000 we already paid. I am really frustrated because they also said that they cannot change rooms once a guarantee room is assigned. Does this make sense? I could buy a $4,000 more expensive room but they can't assign me a room at the same level???????

I have taken guarantee rooms on Carnival with nice upgrades and with Celebrity which went from an inside to a huge room with a window with our firends next door.

I know that I need to get over this and will not bother booking directly with NCL in the future. I usually get a much better rate from an online compete bid process but though that NCL would do good by me since I just took POH in Feb. and referred many customers to them including my sister and friends who paid for balcony rooms and were given SUITES without even asking. They only cruise Princess but are takig POH on my recommendation.

Hope this venting here helps and I intend to post on some other threads but I really feel as if NCL is not customer friendly at this point and may forgo future trips to the Baltics, Scandanavia, and the Greek isles to another line.

Thanks for listening.

4 ever wild (as in the Adirondack Mountains of NYState are designated for ever wild and are protected by law.) :mad:

ok, let me try to explain what probably happened, but it is early in the morning so I am not sure I have read your vent correctly. Not having availible what the brochure advertised isn't terribly unusual as prices are starting from (what the wording says) and subject to availliblity. Think of how many of these are mailed. Frustrating yes, reason to be upset, well I don' tthink so. AS for the air, this happens often believe me. The ships reserve just so many seats on the air packages and not for every single airport. Again, as an agent we see this all the time. The comsumer or client does not. Not able to change your guaranteed cabin, I am dealing with CArnival over the same thing right now. In this case, since the client booked her cabin her father (traveling with her) has health problems. She would like a cabin nearer to him but CArnival is telling me everything is sold out plus you can't change a guaranteed cabin. So don't think you always get something better. I have booked guaranteed for myself on several occassions, never gotten much of an upgrade, maybe one deck and yes, I have seen clients go from a standard outside to a mini suite. It depends on the sailing and how booked the cruise line is.

Now, go, enjoy your wonderful cruise and it sounds to me like you will be well over your dissappointment by the time you cruise. BTW, being near the elevator really isn't bad at all. (most of the time) On cruises filled with kids over holidays it can be a bit trying. lol

Okay so Princess may be doing it to.But unless they have just changed RCCL,HOLLAND,and Celebrity all honored price reductions.We watch prices and have taken advantage of orice reductions on practically allthe cruises we have done.With the exception of our current booking on NCL.WHICH we booked early believing in thier advertizing of book early and save.They are now selling the same cabin 300 pp cheaper under thier pity promo.

Nope, not when it is a promo. That is all we are talking about here and what is being missed by so many. Yes, Princess and NCL will adjust the price if there is a reduction, as long as it isn't a promo. No, RCI and Celebrity will not if the rate is for "new bookings only" .

NIta

Watch - next thing you know, they'll have their computers not allow booking through the US if you're a non-US resident. Makes perfect sense - doesn't it? Why should you be entitled to a lower (or the lowest fare)? Have I got that right CanadianTwosome?

Howard

Seems to have gone back to another price drop thread,

The key with customer service is not the price drops but how they are handled and that is not too good currently with no apparant consistancy.

My direct contact with NCL customer service has been OK on and off ship but I do know of others that have problems with what should be easy things to sort out.

Previous examples are lost OBC once on ship, the attitude of the customer facing people has not been good on this issue, ranging from "we don't believe you" to "there is nothing we can do sort it out when you get back".

even producing invoice with the OBC did not help.

Hopefully these things are getting better NCL-uk used to have a terrible reputation a couple of years ago we will see if things have improved when we take our two Gem trips this year a lot of Brits on board so will find out.

Thanks and you are right, we have gotten off the subject. Customer service and rate reduction aren't quite the same thing.

Nita

Archived