How long is the muster drill and is there a sail-away party on Enchantment?

I have done back to back cruises on the same RCI ship (not Enchantment). The first drill was less than half an hour. The second time it was much much longer. I don't think that there is a stop watch on it. I would get there early if you are in a lounge. That way you get a seat. Relax and enjoy the experience. It can be frustrating if you feel pressured to get out quickly. The crowd takes quite some time (over 20 minutes) to clear out of the drill areas. It takes even longer for the elevators to clear. It is the ONLY thing you HAVE to do during your vacation until the last day.

On SOME of the RCL ships, SOME of the muster stations are inside, but most are outside. We were in the Follies (once) on the Sovereign, and we were in Portofinos for our muster on Radiance. Depends on your cabin #.

Because EVERY passenger must show up for muster and be accounted for, a muster drill can last longer if someone decides they don't 'need' to be there. The entire ship will wait til they are located, and show up in their assigned spot. (Yup - saw this happen once!)

On SOME of the RCL ships, SOME of the muster stations are inside, but most are outside. We were in the Follies (once) on the Sovereign, and we were in Portofinos for our muster on Radiance. Depends on your cabin #.

Because EVERY passenger must show up for muster and be accounted for, a muster drill can last longer if someone decides they don't 'need' to be there. The entire ship will wait til they are located, and show up in their assigned spot. (Yup - saw this happen once!)

I have witnessed this also...people are so goofy...when I sailed on Disney the first time I went to the drill...the second time I didn't...my son was asleep and we were in the same cabin we had on the first cruise...so I knew exactly what to do and where to go...I called the purser and she alerted the section leader and I was exscued...I was worried that I would hold up the drill so thats why I called. I didn't because I heard people in the hall about 20 minutes later when the drill was over.

RCI holds their muster drill outside at your muster station, not in a lounge like some cruiselines. They last from 15 - 20 minutes. I think all ships have a sailaway party.

I wondered about that because everytime I sailed out of port canaveral, the other ships were tame in comparison to our ship (Wonder). Thanks for the input. :D

Yes, Yarlenna, it is. And we were in a lounge once on the Sovereign and in an alternative dining venue on the Radiance. Other muster stations were outside. Just depends on your assigned muster station.

THEN one muster drill (On the Mariner) was held entirely indoors - in the hallways and cabins. It was raining pretty hard outside. Everyone was instructed to step out of their cabins into the hallway for a head count / life jacket inspection, then go into their cabins and watch the safety video on TV.

The sailaway party of all my cruises with any line (never been on Disney) has been fairly tame in my opinion. The muster drills seem to be held close to departure time (except on AOS with the late departure time) and when they depart, probably half the people still seem to be trying to figure out where to go and what to do. So there seems to be some people on the top decks watching. By the pool the band will be out and people hanging out there and the drink police will be out on all upper decks in full force pushing the drink of the day.

Just my experience.

Archived