The PRIDE'S So. America '09 (74 days)!!

B-2-Bs Best!

Surprisingly, haven't seen a thread, so here it is!

Actually, we're not booked on the 74 days, only the last 55, from Valporaiso. But, we're also doing the crossing to Lisbon, 13 days.

So, who's doing the whole 74 days? In 2004, when we did 20 days B.A. to Manaus, about 60 pax. did the entire circumnavigation!

Have to get over the 2008 cruise first! :confused: We are doing the whole 72 days in 2008 then continuing on for the Crossing to Lisbon....so 85 days of pampering. :D Actually just spoke to Seabourn Sydney yesterday, and had it confirmed that we have to have a yellow fever shot...ouch.....that will be the worst part of the trip! Although after my last little "medical adventure" I am not quite so "chicken" about ~needles~ being stuck in me.

We're on for the whole 74 days in 2009. Granny Lorr is going to tell us all about it on the March 17, 2008 crossing! I must admit we're getting a little anxious about the length of the voyage because we're kind of up there in years. But we must "think positive", right??

Jean

I have been that lovely shade of green for about 18 months now...in fact every time I read someones trip reports........just over three months to go....and I will be cured!! Just think Jane there is always the lottery that ~someone~ has to win.:D I buy tickets every week....just not my turn yet. :(

GRanny: Originally from Massachusetts so maybe some of that accent is still lingering after 60-odd years! But now we live in Florida on Amelia Island; just off the NE coast near Jacksonville. No Southern accent, I'm afraid. Don't we all meet up in the Sky Bar after mustering? Or is it before? At any rate, I'll listen for that great Aussie accent (hope it isn't TOO THICK!!) and hopefully that will be you.

GRanny: Originally from Massachusetts so maybe some of that accent is still lingering after 60-odd years! But now we live in Florida on Amelia Island; just off the NE coast near Jacksonville. No Southern accent, I'm afraid. Don't we all meet up in the Sky Bar after mustering? Or is it before? At any rate, I'll listen for that great Aussie accent (hope it isn't TOO THICK!!) and hopefully that will be you. Jean

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Sorry to say, we opted out of this cruise. Family responsibilities plus having done this on Princess and Regent before! The scenery is to die for and I envy you all going. We will be on the Istanbul-Ft. Lauderdale Odyssey cruise in Oct. 09, however if we're still around! (93 and 83!!!)

Sorry to say, we opted out of this cruise. Family responsibilities plus having done this on Princess and Regent before! The scenery is to die for and I envy you all going. We will be on the Istanbul-Ft. Lauderdale Odyssey cruise in Oct. 09, however if we're still around! (93 and 83!!!)

so you must both have had birthdays since we had dinner together...you were ONLY 82 nd 92 then! :D still dont think I believe you though! ;) Have fun on the Odyssey...we might get there one day.....

• 3 weeks later...

Hi A Train,

I am on the first leg - just 19 days, but I know of several other passengers that will be onboard for the entire 74 - they just aren't CC members. It should be a great cruise. Some of us still work to cruise and have to tearfully leave the ship after one or two cruises while you all wave goodbye from the skybar. :(

The reason you have hot and cold weather during this 74 day cruise. We got a bunch of things from travel smith. wash and dry in your own cabin. It worked out very well. The dod it yourself laundry is good as well but the timing is most important. Just make sure if you are going around the horn bring a good wind breaker that is warm and a wool hat. And most important bring a no less the 2 gig drive for your camera plus a spare. The pictures you can take are breath taking.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived