Majesty question

That's the "high rent district"! No--there's no noise problem, and getting back and forth from the pool is an easy flight of stairs--no waiting for the elevators!

Those are great cabins--if they had problems, they sure couldn't charge what they charge for them!

I was in a JS on Majesty last week! Absolutely no problem with noise. Since the pool is right above, there are no inside cabins on Deck 10, makes for a quiet peaceful environment. The JS's are very nice and roomy! We had cabin 1086. I took several pics and will post them soon.

Sorry, but I need to add a condition to this. I have been under the pool deck on all 5 of my previous RCI cruises. On Explorer, the thundering overhead of early morning joggers was really annoying (although still my favorite RCI cruise overall). The rest have been generally quiet, alhtough on Radiance there was some noise, and on Monarch, too...but my TA has always advised to avoid any cabin under the Windjammer, because the morning prep for breakfast starts at 5am and there is a lot of activity. There are a lot of JS on Majesty under Windjammer.. so just be careful. If you are an early riser - it's no problem.

But frankly the only time you can be assured of peace and quiet is when your deck is sandwiched between other passenger decks. If you are above or below a public space there is potential for noise, plain and simple.

Between obstructed views on some upper decks and potential noise from the Promenade deck, Majesty can be a challenge to find the ideal location. Still, it was a great sailing on a great ship over all. I hope you'll enjoy!

Archived