Blast From the Past - Our Celebration Cruise, 1998

Rowan555

I found this review page I put up back in 1998 after our very first cruise on the Celebration. I smiled as I re-read it this evening. I was deleting some old files on our ftp server and almost deleted it, then realized what it was. Thought you guys might enjoy taking a look at it. Please don't email me from the site, that email account is no longer active.

I wish I had time to do reviews with photos for all our cruises - but since all cruises after that were since we've had kids, I barely have the time to upload photos from our digital camera, much less put together a nice review!

I wish we could do the Celebration one last time, but we can't fit it into our schedule. It would be very nostalgic...

Here's the site:

http://www.rowanmoon.com/cruise

Thank you for sharing your cruise on the Celebration. I can't wait for our trip in December. I can't wait to see the changes since your trip. I will post my trip when I return and hopefully be able to add pictures.

We took our very first cruise also in 1998, but on the Sensation when it was doing 7 night cruise too. I would love to go back on that ship and see all the changes on that one since we sailed.

Thanks again!

Thanks for sharing! Do you still have your art auction purchase - the Salvador Dali illustration?

Yes, I still have it hanging in our living room and I love it. I didn't buy it for an investment piece, I bought it because it caught my eye the first night of the cruise and I kept going back to it and looking at it. We also bought two less expensive pieces which are in the foyer, which are such a wonderful remembrance of our first cruise together.

Yes, I still have it hanging in our living room and I love it. I didn't buy it for an investment piece, I bought it because it caught my eye the first night of the cruise and I kept going back to it and looking at it. We also bought two less expensive pieces which are in the foyer, which are such a wonderful remembrance of our first cruise together.

That is wonderful!

I loved reading your review. I guess mainly because we took our first cruise on the Celebration also, only it was the following year (1999) and she was sailing out of New Orleans. A local TA in conjunction with a local radio station offered this cruise at an unheard of low price. DH and I had already decided months before that we wanted to do a cruise for our 25th anniversary and one morning while getting ready for work we heard about this cruise on the radio. We rushed in to call and immediately signed up. We loved the Celebration. Your review and pictures brought back many memories. We, too, have a similar boarding picture with the same red archway and pictures of our waiter in the same uniform. Thanks for the memories. Travelgirl

Very nice website.

you tend to forget over the years that the older ships once upon a time did 7-day itineraries. I have been on the Celebration 3 times, but only on 4 or 5-day trips out of Galveston.

I will certainly miss her when she goes, but glad I got to sail on her while she was here.

The Celebration was our first family cruise and was just a couple of months before you in March 1998.

We had a great time. Although our youngest ran a high fever after Tampa and we took him to the ship's doctor just to make sure it wasn't an ear infection. (He was 5)

I stayed in the cabin with him that night while hubby and oldest son went to dinner. The Cabin Steward (wish I could remember his name) brought my dinner down to me and checked on us every hour until 10pm. He was so sweet.

It was one of those mysterious fevers that kids get...the next morning...he was fine. The rest of the cruise, he was 100%!!

Archived