motorcycle shots

diesldood

• 2 weeks later...

Just gotta ask........why are motorcycles being loaded on a cruise ship. I knew you could take your kids, not your dog, but your Harley ???? If this is the case, husband will be quite upset that he never took his Harley to Alaska.......but alas, he just traded it and his Jeep in on a new Mustang. Toys for the boys ??? gg

Oh yes...... You can take your Harley.... I was on the Caribbean Princess Jan. 05.... My boyfriend and I were doing photos on the ship before leaving in St. Thomas... We all of a sudden heard the classic "vrooom, vrooom" of the Harley's. Lo and behold, there were probably 100+ harley's coming up the dock ramp.... Wild.... Quite alot of them were loaded on the ship.....Obviously some were rented.... But many were owned and loaded for travel.....Let me go through the photos and see if I can figure out which ship we were next too.....

I would love to know what ship that was I know my DH would be booking a cruise right now with that ship!!:D

Hello,

I did see some posts about motorcycle cruises on the RCI's board.

I remember that the number of motorcycles is limited.

There are also some additional permission / change of rules that had to be obtained from some of the islands / countries governments. Some islands had restrictions on the size of the engine and they had to grant special permission for the large displacement engines. There was some additional insurance required. ....... and the price for those traveling with their toys was higher ...... but if they had a lot of fun it was probably really worth it.

You might want to click on this link to a web side that I have been looking at ....... maybe you will want to book a cruise and take your bike with you.

http://www.cruise-eta.com/motorcyclecruise.htm

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=398902

Wes

Great shots everyone!! I have been on 2 harley cruise's and it's a blast. If anyone is interested you can e-mail me at diesldood@aol.com. If you have a bike and like to cruise this is a fun trip.On my last one we were the first harleys ever to be on Bermuda. What a rush!! The whole island came out to greet us, it was awesome. Some locals have never seen a motorcycle with a CD player, cruise control and all the bells and whistles. They were amazed, and the local chapter on the island is called the Bermuda long riders. It's alot of fun but it is not for the novice rider. You really should have some miles under your belt, the roads on some islands are very tricky... Thanks again for some great shots!:)

Very Cool.....I had no idea you could do this.

We are huge Harley lovers but we live in WI so taking our bike isn't really going to happen.....does the ship have bikes you can rent?

and what does something like that cost....or is it just considered a piece of luggage :D

I live in NJ so when we left from miami I rented one through the travel agent ETA. I think it was sort of pricey, around $800.00 for the week.

They supply you with all the paper work, regestration, insurance. But I guess thats the price we pay to have fun. :eek: They moved Explorer to NJ and I live about 20 minutes from port Liberty so it's really easy for us. Hope this helps.

• 2 months later...

Archived