Volendam New Years Cruise

brian_uk

brian UK,

No information on the Volendam, however, my wife and I will be on the Dec 26th "New Years" cruise out of Ft Lauderdale. This will be cruise number 17 for us, and our second HAL cruise. Nothing like a little sun in the middle of the winter!:cool: Enjoy! Kel

Yes a Neptune Lounge has been added to the Volendam.

Do you mean "S" suites - only 1 PH on the Volendam.

"S" suites now have the new mattresses, duvet and pillows. All cabins have the magnifying mirrors.

Do you know what activities there are New Years Eve on the ship. We are looking forward to celebrating on board.

We welcomed in the new Millenium (1/1/2001 - and, no, I don't want to debate that :p ) on a cruise ship in Piraeus, Greece. After the 10 PM show in the lounge, the stewards passed out hats and noisemakers to whole who wanted them, then started circulating with champagne and grape juice (which were free-flowing until well after midnight) while the ship's band played and those who wanted to could dance. At midnight, there was much indiscriminate kissing and hugging :) My wife and I slipped out on deck just past midnight to watch fireworks from Athens then back in side for a "midnight breakfast" buffet at 1. There's some pix of it all here (at the bottom of the page). I'd hope HAL would do at least as much for you.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am getting conflicting information regarding the addition of a Neptune Lounge on the Volendam. Is anyone positive it has been added? We are booked on the Volendam to Alaska in May 2005 and I was assured by one rep at Holland America it had been added. Now they are saying they are not sure. Additionally, I cannot find a deck plan that shows a Neptune Lounge. We really like that feature and I am not sure I would have booked a Suite if the addition has not been made.

Can anyone help?

Thanks, in advance, for the assistance.

We will be on the Volendam next month. I have been assured the Neptune lounge has been added. Sail-7-Seas and Crazy Cruisers confirmed this. S7S advised the dec plans do not showthe neptune because the Volendam and Zaandam share the same dec plans the the Zaandam has not had a neptune lounge added yet..will happen at next dry dock, and she is the last ship to have the addition. I've been advised the Neptune is located where you see the inside cabins mid ship.

Hope this helps. We too are looking forward to enjoying the neptune lounge again next month...really love that coffee machine!! (OK, and all the snacks, and the great service!)

Peggy Sue

Thank you, Peggy Sue for the information. We sailed the Zuiderdam and Oosterdam last year and really enjoyed using the Neptune Lounge for coffee and I must say all of the goodies!!

I don't know if I would book a Suite if the Neptune wasn't available. Maybe, but now I don't have to make that decision!

Thanks again.

Archived