Christmas buying in Hawaii

mii

I am on a cruise Nov. 3 on the Diamond Princess and if Hawaii is just like the mainland the stores already have their xmas things out by Oct. Here is what I am looking for.

1. Hawaiian xmas Santa doll. My sister collects Santas and I really would like to get her one. I know they have the Santa's on surfboards but was hoping to get one that is nicer with Hawaiian wear.

2. My g. nephew who is 7 really loves whales. Is there toys, games, books on whales. Probably there is books but anything that you can think of in regards to whales.

3. For my g. niece who is 6 I want to get her a Hawaiian storybook girl doll. Remember those years ago. I do know they probably will still have them somewhere.

By the way we will be on all of the major islands. In Honolulu the ship docks at the Aloha Marketplace. That would be extrememly handy.

Thank you very much.

Marilyn

If you're spending any time in Honolulu, go to the Ala Moana mall - they will have much of what you are looking for and yes, Christmas decorations will be up by then.

There is a strip mall just up the street from the big mall- I can't think of the name of it, but it has a Borders and a Kincaid's restaurant (and a Spaghetti Factory too I think) and they have a wonderful store that carried homemade Hawaiian gifts. They have beautiful items and their prices are not horrific.

Charlie

Marilyn if you are in Honolulu on a Wed, Sat or Sun go to the Aloha Stadium flea market and Swap Meet. i have gotten all kinds of great Xmas gifts there over the years, including handmade dolls and toys (new) It is just up the street from pearl harbor

I'm not much of a shopper but I'd have to agree with the suggestion that you try the Aloha Stadium Flea Market. You have to go to Pearl Harbor anyway (everyone has to go to Pearl Harbor) and it's right across the street. They have a great selection of stuff you may not see anywhere else at good prices.

Also check the Honolulu Advertiser website (www.honoluluadvertiser.com) on October 7th when they publish their annual Holiday Craft Calendar - a list of the various holiday craft fairs with dates, times, locations, types of merchandise, etc.

Ka Honu thanks so much for that site. I will check it out. I have been to Hawaii 12 times and have seen Pearl Harbor so was not planning to do the Swamp meet but thanks for the suggestions. On the day we are in Honolulu we just plan to wing it so glad that you gave me the Advertiser site. Thanks again.

Marilyn

Archived