Maasdam NN cabin

ninkb

We usually book inside cabins and spend on our money on other things on a cruise. Any others who do that???

Have any of you booked the NN on Maasdam, front, Veranda deck? Were you in calm water or stirred up enough to know how much you rocked, up that high, and so far to the front? Is the cabin really a lot smaller? Is there room to walk around the bed?

We're considering it for a booking on the Voyage of the Vikings and would appreciate your help ASAP.

Thanks! :):):)

I was in NN112 a few years ago for 2 weeks in the Caribbean. I didn't have any problem with the motion. We had good weather and calm seas, so I don't know what it would be like in rough weather.

It is noticeably smaller than standard insides. There is a bit of free floor space, and yes, there is room to walk around the bed - barely. The sideways layout, I think, maximizes what space there is in small cabin. When you enter, the bed is to one side, the bathroom to the other, and there's no wasted space in an entry passageway as in a typical cabin.

I believe there is a bit less storage space than the standard inside cabins - fewer drawers and maybe a smaller closet.

The cabin was fine for me as a single. It would be do-able but cozy for a couple. You might want to pack as lightly as possible to minimize storage problems.

When they published the brochure they made it seem as if "NN" was not an available cabin size. Their "prices from" begin with the MM cabins. Why would that be? Have they already sold ou all their "NN" cabins for the next few years? The "H" and "BC" cabins are also marked N/A on their actual printed brochures (not just on the website, which I could understand if they were sold out, but in their printed materials). This is for the Canada/New England cruises. Maybe they actually reprint those brochures as things sell out during the season?

I, also, have wondered why the "from" price is for MM cabins. Even my travel agent didn't price the NN cabin until I specifically asked. They were available, but not talked about, I guess.

But from the responses, I think it's too small for 2 people on a 35 day cruise in cold weather. The cabin would be warm with us squeezed in with our jackets, etc. . . . but I don't want to spend a lot of time in the cabin. The only time I'm there is when I'm too tired to be sociable.

Now, we're not even sure we can book the cruise. Bummer. I was already getting excited about it.

:confused::confused::confused:

Archived