Intercontinental Miami vs. Radisson Miami

jerseygirl3

Here's my dilemna. We've stayed at the IC in Miami before and loved it. It's a very nice hotel. I managed to get a government rate of $107/night (we'll be there for one night precruise next month and currently the rates go anywhere from $350 to $800/night). Then I heard the Radisson was going for $55/night on Priceline. I bid and won. Now my husband thinks we should just keep the IC (which I can cancel with no charge) because it's in a safer area, we can walk to Bayside (it's right across the street) and we know the hotel is nice because we stayed there about 6 months ago. He's willing to "eat" the $55 I paid for Priceline He said the money we're saving with Radisson will more or less be eaten up by cab costs to Bayside. I really hate to throw away $55, but I think in my haste I made a bad decision and should just stick with IC.

Any opinions?

The reason we're going to Bayside is we're meeting others there for dinner who will be on our group sailing. I'm leaning toward the IC...for the price we got (which I know is a fabulous price).

Good Afternoon Jerseygirl,

Quick question, Dh and I are also staying @ IC and also are traveling the same cruise with you. We are highly looking forward to eating @ Bubba Gump's, but wanted to know where will you guys be dining? If we dont see you in Miami...we'll be @ the M&M onboard.

Terboo

Good Afternoon Jerseygirl,

Quick question, Dh and I are also staying @ IC and also are traveling the same cruise with you. We are highly looking forward to eating @ Bubba Gump's, but wanted to know where will you guys be dining? If we dont see you in Miami...we'll be @ the M&M onboard.

Terboo

Terboo, we had our rehearsal dinner at Bubba Gumps in 2002 and it was wonderful. Then we returned this past spring and the food wasn't good, service was lacking and the overall experience was like eating at Denny's. We've opted to try and meet up with some others from the group at The Knife at Bayside. There are a couple of others staying at IC, so maybe we can get together and go over together? We'll be in Marco Island for a week before the cruise, but we'll be on our laptop, so we can stay in communication. We're driving over to Miami on Saturday and will probably arrive around 3 p.m. If you email me privately, I'll give your our cell phone number and this way we can keep in touch.

Jo-Ann

Archived