Mountain Biking Excursion

montanahanna

Hi Everyone,

We are cruising on October 20th Crown Princess Repo. We are in St. Kitts on the 26th and thought we might be needing some excersise by that time. Looking thru the book Princess sent I saw a Mountain Biking Adventure that looked interesting. Has anyone ever done this thru the ship? Is there one that can be booked with someone on the island and not thru the ship? Was it enjoyable? Any information would be helpful!

Hi Everyone,

We are cruising on October 20th Crown Princess Repo. We are in St. Kitts on the 26th and thought we might be needing some excersise by that time. Looking thru the book Princess sent I saw a Mountain Biking Adventure that looked interesting. Has anyone ever done this thru the ship? Is there one that can be booked with someone on the island and not thru the ship? Was it enjoyable? Any information would be helpful!

When a cruise ship is in port, most island tour operators take bookings directly with the cruise line. Visit http://www.discover-stkitts-nevis-beaches.com and http://www.stkitts-tourism.com for more island information.

Hope you're in good shape! :)

We did the St. Kitts Mountain Bike and Beach excursion with Princess last November. Not sure of the distance, but we rode for a total of about 2 1/2 hours. There were a few uphill portions that were challenging. The tour staff consisted of a lead bike person, a bike person in the rear, and our tour guide/bike shop owner Art, who followed us in a pick-up truck. Our tour included some people in excellent shape and people like me who managed to keep up with the group, but just barely! We never rode for more that 15 minutes without a break, which provided opportunities for Art to tell us about the history, culture and politics of the island. We enjoyed great views from Timothy Hill, and about an hour at Frigate Bay Beach where we swam and relaxed. After that, it was maybe a 20 minute ride back to the ship. The excursion ended with an ice cold Caribe beer. This was an excellent tour and I would highly recommend it! :)

Archived