What 1 unique item do you pack for you 're cruise ?

travelscrapper

My son also has nosebleeds every night if we don't put Vaseline in it (just on one side for some reason.) The doctors didn't know what to do. A friend told us about putting Vaseline on a Q-tip and rubbing the inside bridge of the nose with it. It's been a lifesaver!

My brother also had to have his nose cauterized and it wasn't fun to go through at all.

Good advice about the cotton too! Hope everyone reads that!

TinaLee - Sorry, didn't see your post until just now. Unfortunately, Magellan's doesn't carry the telescoping mirror anymore. Mine broke after about 5 cruises and I couldn't get a replacement. I had to rely on a new travel mirror that collaspes and just sits on the cabin desk. :( I know it won't be anywhere as good as that telescoping mirror. :(

After our third cruise, I made a cross stitch design of our ship's names, with cruise dates and ports. It measures 12" x 18" and I stitched around the edges so I don't need a frame. As we planned and booked each one after that, I added the info. I now have a full piece of material with lots of memories that I hang next to the mirror in our cabin. It makes for great conversation with our Room Steward and on our last cruise, we found him, with 2 other stewards looking at it when we returned to our room. It seems that he had passed the word and they all wanted to see. Am in the process of adding Princess info, with dates and ports now. Will eventually have to add more material... :D

I take with me mesh laundry bags that you can hang on the back of the closet doors. My son insists on bringing his own ping pong paddles for the tournament! He's a serious competitor!

I invested in one of these for our next cruise. Great idea. BUT what's better is after I spent my $4, I found a better one at the local DOLLAR store. For $1 I got a fabric hamper that's bigger than the pop up. It folds completely FLAT and is complete with handles for carrying and also had a small pocket for detergent or fabric sheets :)

super glue

duck tape (small roll)

night lite for the bathroom

cocktail shaker (small)

good pocket knife to cut your lemons

ext cord and 3 way plug

safety pins for your wife

small travel clock

zip lock baggys in different sizes

and I always take a small bunch of fake flowers for the room

Lady Jag,

You don't say how old your son is, but you might want, at some point, to get a ruling on his septum. Mine was deviated causing the nosebleed in the smaller nostrile. I hd to get it fixed. Compared to that the electrical cauterization was nothing.

Don't know if it's been mentioned but I always take the Yankee Candle hanging air freshner for cars. I get the Ocean Water scent and hang one in the bathroom on the towel bar and one in the main cabin. It works extremly well. I do this at home also.

Linda

Archived