Club (con) Fusion

Caris

I see where the new ships are replacing the Vista Lounge with Club Fusion. Does this mean they are doing away with the alternate entertainment in the evenings?

We have always thought Princess has the best entertainment, and liked being able to do big production shows one night and then a comedian later on, or the next night...Are they doing the 'vista' type entertainment in the Club Fusion venue, or doing away with it?

I know they have MUTS on these ships as welll and I'm wondering if they are considering that their alternate entertainment. I hope not!! I like the shows in the Vista lounge!

We are on the Emerald in March and just curious as to what to expect...

Thanks!

Have you looked at the deck plans on the Princess website? We were on Crown Princess in the spring and both Club Fusion and Explorer's Lounge were there.

We loved the evenings' entertainment while we were on Sapphire Princess (lots of trivia contests at night in Club Fusion), but there weren't any on Crown--only live music and dancing (a couple of dance contests). We did enjoy the shows in Explorer's Lounge, which I believe is like Vista Lounge.

Have you looked at the deck plans on the Princess website? We were on Crown Princess in the spring and both Club Fusion and Explorer's Lounge were there.

We loved the evenings' entertainment while we were on Sapphire Princess (lots of trivia contests at night in Club Fusion), but there weren't any on Crown--only live music and dancing (a couple of dance contests). We did enjoy the shows in Explorer's Lounge, which I believe is like Vista Lounge.

Explorer's is not like Vista at all and that's where they are now doing the evening entertainment. Vista is/was more "cozy."

I thought they were similar, albeit a different layout. It's where we saw comedians, a very funny ventriloquist, and the awesome Juan Carlos (San Juan only). There were still the "big" shows in the Princess Theatre.

We've only been on Crown and Sapphire.

Explorers lounge was there together with the Vista Lounge and Princess theatre. I also really enjoyed the atmosphere and shows in the Vista lounge and was disappointed when I realized they had discontinued the Vista and substituted the Club Fusion. Too bad they just do it without inquiring of their cruisers. We're cruising! Regards,J ohn

According to the Princess website, Emerald has both Explorer's Lounge and Club Fusion. I would imagine that there will be alternative entertainment in Explorer's Lounge, as well as dancing and live music.

Cruisedailies dot com has Princess Patters posted. There may be some for Emerald so you can get an idea of what your entertainment choices (but not specific acts) might be.

I guess Princess is going with a different name and layout for the 2nd entertainment venue on their new ships.

I remember the Vista Lounge on the Dawn Princess - it was my first crusie and it reminded me of the show lounge on the Love Boat (show)... since then I have only cruised on ships with the Club Fusion and Explorer's set ups, and while Explorer's is closer to the Vista set up, I still miss the Vista Lounge. It is so old-school I love it.

Thanks for the replies. It sounds like I'll be checking out the Exploerer's lounge. I thought that was just another Wheelhouse bar type place, but it's nice to know they are not giving up the alternate entertainment all together.

This will be our 12th Princess cruise and the first without a Vista Lounge!! I am sure I will miss it, but I'll still have a good time.

Thanks for the replies. It sounds like I'll be checking out the Exploerer's lounge. I thought that was just another Wheelhouse bar type place, but it's nice to know they are not giving up the alternate entertainment all together.

This will be our 12th Princess cruise and the first without a Vista Lounge!! I am sure I will miss it, but I'll still have a good time.

I don't recall when they decided to change Vista into Fusion. I believe it started with the Diamond or Sapphire; whichever of these two came first. If I'm wrong, someone will correct me.

Pia

Personally I do not like the club fusion lay out. The stage is very small and if I wanted to see a show or any kind of entertainment on a TV set I could have stayed home and been more comfortable in my recliner. I wish they would go back to the Vista lay out.

Skitter

Personally I do not like the club fusion lay out. The stage is very small and if I wanted to see a show or any kind of entertainment on a TV set I could have stayed home and been more comfortable in my recliner. I wish they would go back to the Vista lay out.

Skitter

Nancy, I need to email you with the answer to your question; can't answer here. If you feel comfortable, please supply your email address. Thanks. BTW, I don't think they're doing shows in Fusion at all; switched them all to Explorer.

Pia

They were doing Princess Idol and some trivia shows in Club Fusion, along with live music for dancing. All the comedians were in Explorer's Lounge (like a regular nightclub) in addition to Princess Theatre.

Emerald has both Club Fusion and Explorer's Lounge (Vista Lounge on smaller ships), in addition to Princess Theatre, Wheelhouse Bar, Crooner's, and I'm sure lots of other places we didn't make it to (on Crown). Reason enough to go back!!

Archived