Port To Airport Taxi Avail.

JPB

Upon Return And Needing Transportation To Fll::::many Taxi Available At Port.?? Or Should I Book Transfers In Advance??

Taxis are available, this is one port where booking transfers either way are absolutly a waste of money. The port is a ten minute ride for $10 from the airport. With a taxi, you go when you want, not when the bus gets loaded.

The only time we've had issues getting a taxi was at the end of a New Year's eve cruise in 2004. I've never seen anything like it, there were way more ships in port than usual and it was a madhouse. Very few cabs were coming and the line was very disorderly. Traffic in the port was terrible too. Our son ended up finding a private hire van dropping off someone who was embarking and hiring the guy to pull around and take us to the airport.

Other than that we've never had a problem. The only other issue I've had in FLL is that the airport there won't let you check in your luggage more than 2 (or was it 3) hours before your flight. So if you disembark early for a late afternoon flight you'll have to sit on your luggage outside security at the airport for a while. More recently when that's happened to us we've arranged to rent a car with a pick-up at the port. We then use the rental to carry the luggage around and go into town to view the beach and have lunch, then drop it at the airport.

Archived