Playa Mia Grand Beach Park ~ Carnival Excursion

StarryBugg

My husband and I have been to Cozumel several times by cruise ship and staying at hotels. As far as Playa Mia goes, it is OK. There is a swimming pool and water floats and rafts to borrow. We went only one time. The water is, of course beautiful wherever you go. The only real negative thing about Playa Mia is the crowd. We prefer more quiet time. We have 2 children, now 4 and 10. They enjoyed it. My husband and I prefer Passion Island. Only because it is so peaceful. It is a little expensive. The food and drink are included along with beach chairs. The food is always good and very fresh. The best guacamole we ever had. The real down fall for Passion Island, you cannot stay forever.

Has anyone done this excursion--the more expensive (approx. $65/person) of the two available?

Since it includes the transportation, food, open bar, beach "toys," this seems to be a great deal....

...am I missing something?

I dont know how many are in your party but that package at the gate is only $45/ person. Taxi one way is $14 for up to four people.

Has anyone done this excursion--the more expensive (approx. $65/person) of the two available?

Since it includes the transportation, food, open bar, beach "toys," this seems to be a great deal....

...am I missing something?

The only thing you might be missing is that they take cruisers there by the bus load so you might be sharing your beach day with plenty of other cruisers. That and they chairs they offer are the one piece solid plastic loungers that many find to be less than comfortable.

Also, the all inclusive aspect isn't a good value if you don't drink and/or don't want buffet food.

Two years ago I was on the Fiesta Party Boat when we docked in Cozumel.

I sailed on Carnival at that time. I am sailing on Princess this November and want to know if the Fiesta Party Boat still sails out of Cozumel. It was just wonderful....you got all the booze you could drink onboard and also when you arrived at the beautiful private beach you got all of the booze you wanted.

They also had a nice restaurant and local vendors and beach activities on the island. The sail home was one wild party!

I want to bring my friends on the cruise this time but it isn't listed as a shore excursion for Princess cruises and I don't see it listed privately - but I do still see it listed as a shore excursion for Carnival and Royal Caribbean.

Has anyone on a Princess Cruise been on this ship in the past year?

"I am sailing on Princess this November and want to know if the Fiesta Party Boat still sails out of Cozumel."

higgik1:

We cruised with Carnival the week of 9/23 and did the Fiesta Party Boat excursion. It was a really good time! The boat picked us up at one pier then sailed over to another pier and picked up more passengers from a RCCL (I think) ship and another Carnival ship. Perhaps you would be able to get on it while it is at one of the piers picking up cruisers and do your own excursion... ?? Anyway, from the second pick up point we went to Playa Mia beach which was very nice! Yes, it was still open bar both to and from the beach. The return trip back to the ship was quite the party! I have no idea if they have a website or not but as of last week the Fiesta Party Boat was alive and well! :)

Good luck with it!

Sheri

Archived