Is it wrong?

chacha9081

why is it wrong to ask that question? I'd ask somebody how much they paid for their car....or a nice sweater, whats wrong with asking a cruise ptice? If you paid less than me, congrats, and if you paid more than me, then I got a good deal.

Because it's just as wrong to ask how much someone paid for their car or a new sweater. Why do you need or want to know those things?:confused: :(

Is it wrong to ask or talk about the price someone else paid for their cruise? I will tell I feel like we got a great deal Glory 11/10/07 with milt. disc. 7 days OV 6B 3 of us less then 1500$ like 1465$ is this good any input? :p

Well if you were in the UK and wanted a 7 day cruise with an OV then you are looking at $1400pp. You may get a very special deal, but the bottom price is not going to be less than $1000pp.:mad:

So I will not tell you about what I consider a very good deal on our Arcadia 16 night cruise to Venice next July with a balcony.:mad:

:)Happy Cruising:)

:cool:

Dai

I think it's OK to ask here on the boards as we are all anonymous, not face to face. It may be considered rude in person though, especially at the destination, whether it be on a ship or at a land resort etc.

I am going to throw a little food for thought out here though. One thing most businesses DO NOT want their customers to do is compare pricing with each other. It is in the best interest of businesses that this is considered "rude". There are bound to be price differences due to the wide variance of distribution outlets for any given product or service. One of the biggest fears we have as consumers is "did I get the best deal". It's just human nature....:)

The problem with comparing prices is that there are too many variables, that make the comparison almost impossible....Unless you bought the same day, exact cat etc, live in the same state, are the same age, served in military etc, past passenger rates , there really isn't any way to compare apples to apples. If you were happy with the rate when you booked it, why stress yourself?

I guess I just think it rude. Maybe I am old fashioned. :rolleyes:

I think the bigger question is why ask at all? One of you is going to leave the conversation unhappy. You were happy enough with your price to book the cruise, leave it at that.

I'm with you. I was taught manners and would consider asking only a close friend. If you are going to ask - I would start with asking on the airline. That way you can only get 20-30 different answers out of a plane full of people. Then you can ask how much everybody paid for their taxi/transportation to the pier. Then you can find out another 20-30 different prices on board depending on when they booked.

Moral of the story, it's none of your business. I book a cruise when the price is right to me, not what someone else paid for it.

OK I knew this topic was going to have very diffrent responses I would just like to say that I was raised right and would never ask anyone on the ship,plane street and so forth. I was asking for this forum it is my second cruise and I have done research and was just curios about add. discounts and etc. how do you find this if U dont ask. I would never be upset if someone got a better deal I would say thats great whats your scerst. Iam a newbie still and I am sure some of you vets. of cruising do learn a new thing or two on occas. Noone has to be rude thats what these boards are for iis INFO!!!!!!!. Thanks:cool:

OK I knew this topic was going to have very diffrent responses I would just like to say that I was raised right and would never ask anyone on the ship,plane street and so forth. I was asking for this forum it is my second cruise and I have done research and was just curios about add. discounts and etc. how do you find this if U dont ask. I would never be upset if someone got a better deal I would say thats great whats your scerst. Iam a newbie still and I am sure some of you vets. of cruising do learn a new thing or two on occas. Noone has to be rude thats what these boards are for iis INFO!!!!!!!. Thanks:cool:

I think if you would have posed your original question in this manner you would not have seen some of the responses. I think most people just thought it was someone being "nosey". I'm not sure any of the responses that you thought were rude were directed specifically at you, well, maybe one. Don't give up on the boards, they're a wealth of info.:)

Don't get too upset, most here are friendly people offering great advice. There will be threads that have controversy but, they are part of the fun. :D

It's just an info forum, bound to be hiccups :)

I do need to apologize for my response as I took it wrong. You can certainly ask anything here but obviously I could see my MIL doing that one and asking everyone she saw on the ship and asking............

Archived