New Pricing policy??

Giantfan13

I used to be a frequent cruiser on NCL, but haven't sailed NCL in about 3 years. I just came onto this site to look around and see what is up, and I have read several items about some sort of new pricing policy by NCL. Can some one briefly explain what this is all about. NCL has always been our favorite cruise line, but I've been reading more negative things than positives. Again, waht is this new policy??

I used to be a frequent cruiser on NCL, but haven't sailed NCL in about 3 years. I just came onto this site to look around and see what is up, and I have read several items about some sort of new pricing policy by NCL. Can some one briefly explain what this is all about. NCL has always been our favorite cruise line, but I've been reading more negative things than positives. Again, waht is this new policy??

If you're talking about the "Pity the Procratinator", it expires tomorrow. You book the lowest cabin an a category and get the highest for the smae proce.

And don't believe "EVERYTHING" you read on this board.

Happy Cruising

Again, waht is this new policy??

I'm not so sure the policy is actually "new". They've long had a policy of making last minute (especially after final payment is due) fares applicable to new bookings only. On occassion they've had that for other promo fares, but now it appears they're at least experimenting with the idea of having the new booking only rule on more price drops that are well before the final payment window.

Did I say that clearly or did I just muck up the waters?

Becky-you took it so literally ;)

-Monte

I'm not quite sure what you are talking about. We recently booked NCL Pearl for a great price. I suppose it is all about supply and demand. I've noticed that the New England cruises all seem to be very expensive for all the cruiselines, so I assume they must be selling out. There are so many caribbean cruises that you can always find bargains there.

I've been watching the Bermuda cruises for June 2008 but noticed they are very expensive right now. That is a cruise that I will have to wait and see about booking--perhaps I'll have to wait for a Fall cruise to Bermuda when rates are lowest.

Archived