Explain the supper club please

1sttimerhere

We are going on the Legend in 8 days. I have heard a lot about the supper club. I know its not free, why do I want to dine there? I have seen people throw around that it is around $30. Is that $30 a person? What can I expect. Thanks much! :)

It is basically a 3-4 star steakhouse which is $30 per person. You get a 4 course meal and a few extra tastes from the chef for the money. The menu includes various steaks - NY, ribeye, filet mignon, lobster, veal chop, chicken, lamb and fish. You can also order the surf and turf. Service is outstanding and it is worth dining there at least once.

Dinner will take around 2 hours. Generally, they have a person playing the piano and a singer performing. There is a dance floor so you are free to dance if you choose.

It takes an amazingly long time to get through a dinner at the Supper Club, but we really enjoyed it.

I didn't enjoy the complimentary samples from the chef. They just didn't strike my fancy. I suggest that you buy a bottle of wine to keep the social lubrication up ... If it's just you and your significant other, it can be kind of a drag after awhile, and my boyfriend and I are rarely at a loss for words with each other.

I would do it again (likely twice) on my next cruise because the food was SO good. The dining room is nice and tasty, but the supper club was wonderful. It is very formal, so be prepared to dress accordingly. There's a lot of pomp and circumstance. The presentations are quite lengthy.

After awhile, we were stuffed and wanted to skip dessert, but they REALLY wanted to serve us some more. After that, we thought we were off the hook, then they delivered some truffles. :)

Yeah! What they said! But the good thing is, if you just absolutely cant finish the dessert, they will pack it up to bring back to your room for later, I remember eating the chocolate strawberries the next morning. (YUM!) It is very much worth it, if you are traveling with other people its really nice to have the company for this really long dinner, but it is fun and excellent!

I have heard a lot about the supper club. I know its not free, why do I want to dine there?

You know, I said the same thing on our first two cruises on ships with supper clubs (Conquest and Legend). The third time, on Liberty, we decided to try it as a belated Valentine's gift to each other. I've always enjoyed my dining room meals, but this meal definitely was a cut above.The example I use is lobster bisque; it's on the menu in both the dining room and the supper club, but the supper club's version is out of this world. The other difference is the atmosphere; there's a nice due providing music, and there's less "collateral" noise than in the dining room. It was well worth the extra charge. Right now I'm just trying to figure out which night to go on our upcoming Valor Western cruise - maybe Grand Cayman night, since we sail at 4?

Dinner will take around 2 hours. Generally, they have a person playing the piano and a singer performing. There is a dance floor so you are free to dance if you choose.

We made our reservation for 10pm during our cruise in Dec. Now I am concerned that I made the reservation too late. Not that we will be tired but I cannot see myself eating a steak at 11 at night!

I know its not free, why do I want to dine there?

Because it's a bargain.

Around LA, I think an experience like the main dinning room would start at $30.

I wouldn't even hazard a guess at what a supper club experience would cost around here.

And isn't the gratuity included?

We are going on the Legend in 8 days. I have heard a lot about the supper club. I know its not free, why do I want to dine there? I have seen people throw around that it is around $30. Is that $30 a person? What can I expect. Thanks much! :)

You don't have to dine at the Supper Club, but if you feel like you need to get away from all the noise down in the dining room, the 30.00 pp is well worth it. If you do plan on going up to Supper Club, you better go on an Empty stomach so eat lite thoughout the day. The food is very good and the presentation is amazing.

IMG_0124_800x533.jpg

IMG_0125_800x533.jpg

The food is good but there are better steakhouses. It is better than Outback but no where close to Flemings, the Palm, Shulas or Berns in Tampa.

Sure there are far better steakhouses, but I've never been to one where you could get a steak, by itself for $30 or under... even a comparable steakhouse, the meal would be at least $60pp... so it's not a bad deal at all, and MUCH better than the dining room. The lobster bisque is some of the best I've had anywhere in the world.

That's for sure....here in NY the entree alone without anything else at an upscale steakhouse would be at least $30 to $40. Everything else would be extra. So you could be looking at at least $60 per person like GC said. Definitely worth the money.

The food is good but there are better steakhouses. It is better than Outback but no where close to Flemings, the Palm, Shulas or Berns in Tampa.

The problem is that where on any ship would you find a Flemings :D Its a cruiseship !!! Lets go eat.

Fred

Hi. My wife and I are taking our 4th cruise next year. We've eaten at the supper club on the Mariner of the Seas & the Carnival Conquest. In general we would say it's worth the extra money. The service is well above average and the food is great. The only minor negative we could give it is that you need to allow about 2 1/2 hours for this. But you are certainly made to feel special by the staff and you'll be catered to in every way. We'd say go for it and enjoy being pampered. After all isn't that why you're on a cruise. Have a great trip. John and Pam. Franklin Wi.

While we enjoyed the food in the Golden Fleece, the "entertainment" was so loud that we could not carry on a conversation with each other at the table.

And we weren't sitting anywhere close to the singers.

I doubt I will dine there again on our next cruise.

While we enjoyed the food in the Golden Fleece, the "entertainment" was so loud that we could not carry on a conversation with each other at the table.

Its must of been really packed to be that noisy, we go around 6:30pm and its not noisy at all, besides we tell them to sit us away from the dance floor just incase.

Fred

What kind of entertainment did that have, a rock band? LOL All the ones we have been in have had a pianist and a "lounge" singer... very soft music... What you experienced certainly isn't what I have.. what did they do? I would suggest to try again, that certainly doesn't seem to be the norm... good luck!

Archived