Another Newbie Question

goldengirl33

My GF's and I will be sailing on the Majesty out of Miami 3/31/08, going to nassau, coco cay, and key West.The price for this cruise is currenlty 329.00 the original price was 359.00 and we received a credit for the difference.

My question...This same cruise leaving on 1/31/08 has dropped to 199.00, would it be safe to assume that our cruise will also drop to 199.00 as we get closer to our sail date?

no....there is no apparent rhyme or reason as to how and why prices drop or rise..well i am sure there is a reason but the cruise lines aren't telling!.....but because one drops, another may not....depends on how well it is selling, if there was a group of cabins on hold that cancelled, the alignment of the moon...(kidding)......

and your cruise is 2 months after the one with the price drop....plus yours is around spring break so it may not change...sometimes certain cabin categories will drop and others won't.....

mid to late january is a little slower for travel in general so that could be why the other one dropped...

just keep watching, you never know......have a great time...cruising is so much fun.

You cannot assume that any cruise will drop in price, but you can always hope! As said by others, keep checking those prices. If yours drops, call RCI or your TA and tell them about the price drop and you should get the reduction. Be sure to check for your state residence drops as well, and if one of you is over 55 (I assume you aren't, though) check for that, too. We have sailed on Easter week and the week after and have gotten a price reduction on most of our cruises, but ours have always been 7 day cruises.

Keep checking, and have a fun planning for your cruise!

Archived