Kids camp on CB

mjmalino

We are planning on taking the CB RT out of NY in June. As I was looking at a website that a member has on the ship, I now have a couple questions regarding the kids camps. My kids will be 10 and 9. On the Coral, and what is posted on the princess website, the ages for the camps are 3-7, 8-12, and 13-17. However, I saw the following patters: 3-7, 6-8 (I think I saw this one) 8-12, 10-12, 13-17. Can anyone please explain this to me.

Thanks,

We are planning on taking the CB RT out of NY in June. As I was looking at a website that a member has on the ship, I now have a couple questions regarding the kids camps. My kids will be 10 and 9. On the Coral, and what is posted on the princess website, the ages for the camps are 3-7, 8-12, and 13-17. However, I saw the following patters: 3-7, 6-8 (I think I saw this one) 8-12, 10-12, 13-17. Can anyone please explain this to me.

Thanks,

They are the different age groups. Bills website has a kids activity list from the ship. I am posting this one from his website that our son is going into (8-12). Hope this helps!:)

http://www.cruisingthecaribbeanprincess.com/kids8-12.pdf

I think they divide up the age groups in different ways, according to how many kids on board. At least that has been our experience. On our Alaskan cruise in 2004, our girl was in the 7 to 9 age group. On our last cruise in Dec. 2005, she was in the 8 to 12 age group.

What will happen is that when you first get to your cabin, there will be a packet of info on the kids' program. If they're in different groups, there will be two packets. There will be info as to registration (that night) and a day-by-day listing of info. The groups are not negotiable and they will have your kids' birthdates on record (sometimes you can ask that your kid be placed with younger kids, but your kid won't be placed with older ones). The odds are that your kids will be in the same group. But if one group ends at 9 and the other starts at 10 years, they're be assigned to different programs.

mjmalino - We will be sailing on the CB in June, too. (On the 22nd) Our girls have been on that ship a couple of times and the kids program varies by number of young people onboard. It is possible to get smaller groupings if there are a lot of kids. If there are not a lot of young people then the various three groups stay together. My girls have loved the program. My 17 year old will be 18 by then and she is going to miss the teen group, she said.

fathercop, my kids LOVED the kids camp on the Coral in June. In fact, we were really considering a more economical vacation for next year as we did 2 big ones in a row, but the kids really have their hearts set on another cruise (something I'm totally ok with :D,and it didn't take DH too long to get on board either), so we decided on another one. On the Coral in June, they had the three groups, even though there were quite a bit of kids on the ship (89 in the 8-12 grouping alone), but only about 30 of them were actually enrolled in the camp. My younger DS had turned 8 two days before the cruise embarked, so he was happy to be in the 8-12 group.

On another note, I guess I need to change my signature after I post this.

Archived