Any Experience with Egypt and Dubai?

GMoney

I will post this in the port of call board, but I'm concerned there's not much traffic there, and I would value experience from this board.

I'm planning a birthday cruise for 2009. While RCI hasn't published full itineraries, there are some Brilliance and Legend cruises out there.

Here are my questions:

> If I want to see the Great Pyramids, what is port of call do I want on my cruise? I know Alexandria is the most common.

> What experience have you had on a RCI excursion to the Pyramids?

> Legend has a repo cruise that starts in Dubai, and also hits Oman. Has anyone visited these places on a RCI cruise?

Any comments would be appreicated. Thanks.

We just got back from the 12 night Greek Isles/Egypt/Italy cruise on the Legend. Getting to the Pyramids was the reason for choosing this particular cruise. It was absolutely incredible. I will write a review shortly; been busying sorting through over 3000 photos! RCI docks in Alexandria, Egypt, which is about 2 1/2 hrs. from Cairo. They offer a variety of tours; we chose the Pyramids and Nile Cruise -- absolutely delighted with our choice. The day is very long, was very hot, but it was a once in a lifetime experience for us. Tour runs about 12 hours +. We booked our tour within a few days of booking our cruise to ensure we got what we wanted. BTW, an armed guard does travel on the bus and the buses leave in a convoy. We felt safe except for the crazy drivers.

There are some great reviews from others who went earlier this summer; scan the roll calls and you should find out lots of info.

I see the Brilliance is doing Egypt next year and I would certainly pick that ship over the Legend. Nothing really wrong with the Legend but the Radiance Class is my fav.

Hope this helps a bit.

Archived