Quick - leaving tomorrow! Ferry/taxi/bus question

Ebbsail

I apologize - I'm sure this has been covered in another post - but we would like to catch a bus to St. George when our excursion ends in Hamilton. Excursion ends 12:15 - I think the bus takes about an hour to get to St. George. How much would a taxu be for 5 people and would it get us there much faster? If I'm reading the schedule correctly, the last ferry leaves St. George at 7:40pm and gets us back to Dockyard at 8:20pm. Again, how long would a taxi take and any idea of cost?

Thank you so much.

You have 4 buses to choose from to get you to St. George from Hamilton 1,3 10,11. If a weekday, there should be a bus available about every 15 minutes. A cab would be costly, and don't have an accurate amount for you. The bus will take about 45 minutes, maybe a few minutes less.

You are reading the wrong ferry schedule, you are looking at AM and at St. George - Hamilton. The last ferry leaves St. George at 6:05pm to Hamilton arriving 7:15pm, there then is a Dockyard ferry leaving at 8pm.

Last St. George to Dockyard ferry is 4pm.

All rates are metered and should be approximately $5(USD) for the first mile, and less than $1.50(USD) for each subsequent mile. This is the standard for a cab holding one to four people. Taxis carrying more than four people will operate on a different rate system, which the driver will explain. Surcharges may apply for wait time or excess baggage. Additionally, certain times, such as holidays, Sundays, and late-night rides (between midnight and 6 a.m.) are subject to higher rates. Tipping a cab driver is not required, but passengers receiving good service should offer 10 to 15 percent.

You might be able to figure out a rough cost, using this from the Bermuda visitor site.

All rates are metered and should be approximately $5(USD) for the first mile, and less than $1.50(USD) for each subsequent mile. This is the standard for a cab holding one to four people. Taxis carrying more than four people will operate on a different rate system, which the driver will explain. Surcharges may apply for wait time or excess baggage. Additionally, certain times, such as holidays, Sundays, and late-night rides (between midnight and 6 a.m.) are subject to higher rates. Tipping a cab driver is not required, but passengers receiving good service should offer 10 to 15 percent.

You might be able to figure out a rough cost, using this from the Bermuda visitor site.

Bermuda needs to coordinate or update their info. These are the taxi rates I got from the Bermuda reference map given out at the visitor center. 1-4 pax $5.75 for 1st mile, $2.00 for additional miles, 5-6 pax $7.19 for 1st mile $2.50 for additional miles.

You're right, a taxi can be pricey. As the crow flies, the distance from Hamilton could be 10-12 miles but the ride is not direct. Hey bdaguy, how far would it be?

Thanks for the current cab information. I was trying to find it quick.

It looks like they have probably already left without this information anyway. I sure hope they can figure out how to read the ferry schedule otherwise, they are going to be in a pickle. :)

Overall, they will be far better off just to take the bus St. George/Hamilton and the ferry Hamilton/Dockyard.

Archived