TransDermScope

pamwinn

Hate the ad - even hate the product! Makes my vision so blurry I can't read a menu. However, it's kinda like going to work everyday - the price we pay for using these boards and cruising. I do, however, wonder if it couldn't be made just a bit smaller. Donia

Hey I use the producet. Works great for me, but I agree I do not like the ad that just pops out at you. But I guess it helps pay for the boards that we get for free.

Marilyn

Our administrative assistant went nearly blind form that patch for over a week.....I'll continue to happily take my half of a bonine pill instead. If a company wants to advertise there are many less obnoxious ways to do so on this site.:rolleyes:

I agree. There are many distinctive ways to advertise without irritating people or forcing them to scroll down just to read the boards. This ad is completely out of tune with the rest of the board. There's a fine line between getting noticed and angering people.

Laura, if you are reading this thread would you please respond to us. This ad takes up a huge space on this page and if the company realized how irritated we feel, I would think they might make it smaller. Ads are fine and I realize that's what pays for this site, but c'mon the size of this ad is obnoxious!

Let me preface this post by saying that I can understand people objecting to the ad (its size, placing, etc.), but c'mon now...it takes one keystroke to scroll past it. Just hit your "Page Down" button and you'll skip down immediately to the beginning of a thread (if you're already "inside" a thread) or the first thread of the board (if you're at the board's index of posts). One button and probably less than one second. Is that really unbearable?

Depending on what your navigational preferences are, yes it is aggravating. I truly think that if this company knew how obnoxious this add appears, it would change it to a different type.Think about it...who's going to be most apt to purchase more *because of this ad*.......people who frequent these boards.....which, incidently tend to be the ones most bothered by the size and position of this ad.

I agree, this is too in your face. Sort of like a mother trying to force a spoonful of medicine down a childs throat. Would be a bit more attractive, if it were smaller or came up only once, not at every scroll on a post. Since the intent is to get us to buy their product, I would think they would be interested in our feedback.

Maybe they could redesign it, so it would be about 2"x8" so it could go across the top, from side to side :) instead of having that hugh obnoxious gob that takes forever to scroll past. :( . 4"x4", or 2"x8", you still have the same area, and you won't turn everyone off... Bombero

Archived