Captains Table

scooterrach

I'm cruising on Pacific Dawn in November and this is probably a silly question but being a first time cruiser I wanted to ask.

Is it possible to be seated on the Captains table? Or even meet the Captain?

You might get to shake the Captains hand at the Captain's Welcome Cocktail party on the first formal night of the cruise.

You might get to shake the Captains hand at the Captain's Welcome Cocktail party on the first formal night of the cruise.

Or if you get into the kids coketail party. He usually rocks up there to meet some of the young ones.

Alternatively, on your second cruise you would meet him at the Captains Club cocktail party on the second formal night ;)

Here I am picturing the Love Boat with dining with the captain lol!:D

:) :D

I think most of that went "by the board" many years ago.

Way back in the 70s it was still the normal procedure on the grand old P&O "white ladies" like Himalaya, Canberra etc.

On a cruise to Fiji we did on the Himalaya many years ago we had the Chief Engineer at our table and his presence at dinner always made it one of the most entertaining events of the day.

Plus he had "goodwill" tab at the bar and provided the table with the occasional bottles of wine with dinner. ;)

Now its more along the lines of the impersonal American format.

You could always try booking one of the top suites.

You should at least be invited to a private cocktail party with the Captain.

I think a lot depends on the Captain.

On Oriana he seemed to select different tables every other night and join them for dinner.

Or, you could just grab him when you see him walking around the ship and request a photo. He is too polite to refuse. :)

9e1d.jpg?grY7JAHBSanCYDoy

Captain of the Pacific Sun, Graham Goodway and two very pushy passengers. :D May 2007

We were lucky enough to be invited to dine with Captain Ravera on our October cruise last year. Had been chatting with him a few times and then we received an invite. Wasn't really a formal "captains table" rather than just having dinner with him. I was really nervous until he asked where is BBQ sauce was and french fries. lol.

From what I have read on the celebrity boards they do have a formal captains table but it is often the maitre d' or senior staff members.

we met him on the meet and greet at the captains cocktail party. you could line up and get your photo with him.

The lady in front of us ( sounded like a fun type) told me she was going to ask for a kiss in her photo. she ended up in his arms as he lifted her up, ( as in an officer and gentleman)

wow wish i had thought of that and what a photo. I cannot recall if there was a photo of that BUT WHAT A MEMORY FOR HER!!

Archived