Any solos on the Norwegian Dream, Sth America - 9 Dec 07

ging466

• 3 weeks later...
Hi

Just wondering if there are any solos on this cruise? I've posted on the Roll Call but no one seems to be too interested in it.

Cheers, Ging466

Don't know if you are still going on this cruise but wanted to say I LOVED the Dream. It was my first solo cruise, 11-nights in Alaska. In particular, I liked being able to walk around the Promenade deck in the mornings and evenings. Hope you have a great time.

Hi

Thankx for your feedback. This will be my second solo cruise. My first was so many years ago I can hardly remember the experience. From what I've read on the boards here, NCL isn't solo friendly - I booked this cruise based on the itinerary - I hope I haven't made a mistake. Nevertheless I'm looking forward to a fun time.:)

Cheers

Jennifer

Hi

Thankx for your feedback. This will be my second solo cruise. My first was so many years ago I can hardly remember the experience. From what I've read on the boards here, NCL isn't solo friendly - I booked this cruise based on the itinerary - I hope I haven't made a mistake. Nevertheless I'm looking forward to a fun time.:)

Cheers

Jennifer

Jennifer, Yes the feedback here and my last experience indicate that NCL is not solo friendly but that wasn't the case at all on the Dream. It may be a management thing, the captain was genuinely liked by all the crew, they openly talked about what a great guy he is. And he was very friendly, high profile around the ship, etc. Even though I am not crazy about NCL I would cruise on the Dream again because my first experience was so positive. The crew was incredible and the ship itself was well maintained for an older/smaller ship.

How long is your cruise and what are the ports? Do you have many sea days?

Hi Ging466!

Looks like you are on the sailing after me. I’m going solo on the Dream Nov 21st from Santiago. It sure looks like a great itinerary and I’m determined to have a wonderful time – even if I’m the only ‘solo’. Although I concede that it would be rather nice to have someone to rehash the day’s events with. Hope you have a great trip too!

Cheers,

Wanderlust26

Hi Ginnie

The cruise is for 14 nights and the itinerary is:

1 Buenos Aires; 2 Montevideo; 3 At Sea; 4 Puerto Madryn; 5 At Sea

6 Stanley, Falkland Islands; 7 Cruise Cape Horn; 8 Ushuaia

8 Cruise Beagle Channel; 9 Punta Arenas; 10 Cruise Straits of Magellan

11 Cruise the Chilean Fjords; 11 Cruise the Patagonic Channels

11 Cruise Canal Moraleda; 12 Puerto Chacabuco; 13 Puerto Montt

14 At Sea; 15 Santiago

I booked this cruise purely on the itinerary...not the cruise line.

After reading your posts, I'm feeling a little better about this ship.

Cheers

Jennifer

Jennifer,

Great itinerary! Lots of sea/cruising days. Unfortunately you can't bring chairs to the Promenade deck but on deck 8 in the back there is a covered area that is lovely. My cabin was on the Promenade deck which was perfect, I could pop out on deck whenever I wanted and when I didn't I could just look my our window. There was a lovely sitting area next to the window. The Italian restaurant and the large dining room at the back of the ship (I can't remember the proper names of either of them now) were very nice, as was the speciality restaurant. Dining on my own was no problem, I did it regularly; and I also met lots of people on the ship and dined with them. Sharing a table at breakfast was particularly easy.

All those sea/cruising days are perfect for just relaxing and getting to know your fellow passengers and the Dream is the perfect size, not too big, not too small. In fact, I considered going on the Dream for this month's Panama cruise but opted for the Southern Caribbean with RCCL instead, mostly because I wanted to try RCCL.

Most of all, again, the crew was incredible. A big part of the problem I had on my second cruise with NCL was the indifference or outright hostility from the members of the crew.

You will have a fabulous time. Be sure and let us know how it all turned out.

Archived