Pan Pacific Hotel in Vanouver

ekeberg

the "Pan" is a beautiful hotel - in a city with many beautiful hotels - it's where the Queen & the Prime Minister generally stay when they're in town.

If you're sailing out of Canada Place, It's located in the same building & yes, they will send your bags to the ship for you.

We stayed at the Pan Pacific one day Post Cruise in July, and at the Fairmont Waterfront (across the street from Canada Place) two days Pre Cruise. Much preferred the Fairmont. They do so much to make your stay great and every person we came in contact with, was so helpful and genuinely interested in helping you. They also have a dog, a lab, that you can take for a walk. Also, it has a better physical layout to manuever than the Pan. Both are right there on the harbour with great views. Our room at the Fairmont had by far the best view with a corner room, two complete walls of windows overlooking the harbour and Stanley Park. The bath even has a floor to ceiling window overlooking the harbour. If you get up around 6 am on the morning you sail, you can watch your ship come into Canada Place and get some great shots. Also, we were told by Fairmont guests relations that if we signed up (free) for the President's club, you get free internet service, free shoe shine, free newspaper, and a free room upgrade and that is how we got this fabulous room. Now are they worth the big bucks ??? I do not think any place is worth that kind of money, but we splurged and did enjoy. We have also stayed at Westin Bayshore and would stay their again in a heartbeat. You can walk right to Stanley Park, and get a taxi to Canada Place when you get ready to cruise. gg

We stayed at the Pan Pacific for two nights, precruise, in late August. We had originally booked at the Hampton Inn, but was advised of a special rate offered by the Pan Pacific, and it was less than the Hampton. It is a lovely hotel, and yes, the bellman will take your luggage from your room and the next time you see it will be in your cabin onboard the ship. A very nice extra. The Hyatt was also offering a special low rate when we were there, so my recommendation is to make a reservation at a hotel that offers a same-day cancellation policy and then continue to shop and watch for those special deals.

• 5 weeks later...
We stayed at the Pan Pacific for two nights, precruise, in late August. We had originally booked at the Hampton Inn, but was advised of a special rate offered by the Pan Pacific, and it was less than the Hampton. It is a lovely hotel, and yes, the bellman will take your luggage from your room and the next time you see it will be in your cabin onboard the ship. A very nice extra. The Hyatt was also offering a special low rate when we were there, so my recommendation is to make a reservation at a hotel that offers a same-day cancellation policy and then continue to shop and watch for those special deals.

I agree 100%. We had booked a cancellable reservation at the Marriott for a 2 day pre-cruise stay in September. A few weeks before our cruise we were able to get the Pan Pacific for about $75/night less than the Marriott. We will be going again in July 2008 and we will use the same strategy. Would love to stay at the Pan Pacific again as it is so convenient but will not pay $400+ per night to stay there.

AS a local who has stayed in many of our downtown hotels over the years the Pan Pacific is my favorite. Is it worth the extra $$$ that depends on what rate you got and what you can afford. If I could afford the Pan Pacific that is definitely where I would stay.

The staff, the service, the rooms, the views, the location are all wonderful!

Yes they will transfer your luggage direct tot he ship for you provided you are sailing out of Canada Place. And all you have to do to get to the terminal is ride the elevator down.

• 3 weeks later...

We wound up getting a room from an offer i saw on travelzoo......it was half of the going rate, was cancellable (didn't have to prepay)...was for a city view room, we got a huge corner room with a bit of a water view from some of the windows....we sailed out of ballantyne pier, but i LOVED walking along the pier at Canada place taking pix of all the other ships...

you get a real up close view of ships there...good way to compare balconies and stuff! LOL...

In fact, the rate-160-175 CDN iirc was LESS than ,most other places...like the Hampton, Marriott, etc......it was a splurge, but (at the time) wound up being around 150 US-and that was only 40 bucks more than we paid to stay afterwards in seattle to visit family...(and she got us a 'family' rate at her hotel! it's nice but not as nice as the pan pacific.)

if you can get a deal it's pretty nice.

Archived