Shore excur. through boat or on your own in West Caribb.

anaslile

I'm going to be cruising my way to paradise on 4/20/08 on the Carnival Legend to Cayman, Cozumel, Belize and Roatan (assuming Costa Maya isn't back up and running). Any solo cruisers ever used any independent tour companies in any of these ports or is it better to just go with whatever the ship offers? I'm thinking about in Belize and Roatan potentially using an independent tour company if the ship doesn't offer the tours I want to do (Cave tubing/Belize tour or cave tubing/zip line and definitely zip line in Roatan ending up with some snorkeling somewhere).

How safe would it be for a 20 something blonde haired female? I've seen a lot of places with rates for 2, but very few with rates for one...

Just an addition, have any solo cruisers used Victor Bodden in Roatan? I'm trying to decide if it will be worth the cost. I have an inquiry into Mr. Bodden right now about the cost. Carnival does not have any bookable excursions up right now, so we'll see.

I am traveling on the Valor Oct 14 and I contacted Victor Boddon. I received a nice note back saying that he was unable to book a van for one person but if something came up I may be able to share with another group. I contacted some people on my roll call and found a group to do the excursion with so it all worked out.

It is usually better to use the ship, more affordable, and one gets the chance to meet other people. In some locations safety is a consideration.

I love the W Carr. with Roatan being a favorite.

Also check the cruise critic board for your cruise .... often groups make arrangements ahead of time to share the costs.

Thank you all for your help. For Belize I've decided to go with Major Tom or Cave-tubing dot com, because both are reliable and I'll just be in a group with other people from the Legend/whatever other ships are in port.

For Roatan, as soon as I can I'm going to book Carnival's Gumbalimba zip and Tabayana Beach combo and add in the Pirates, monkeys etc. combo as it'll just be cheaper/better/more secure as a solo cruiser.

I've heard it is, I can't wait. I saw a show on Belize once, and pretty much decided should I ever go, I'd go cave tubing.

How does everybody feel about Roatan? I'm considering renting a scooter through Capt. Van and just doing what I want...how safe is it?

I've heard it is, I can't wait. I saw a show on Belize once, and pretty much decided should I ever go, I'd go cave tubing.

How does everybody feel about Roatan? I'm considering renting a scooter through Capt. Van and just doing what I want...how safe is it?

I sure would not go off on my own and do it, much safer with backup.

Archived