rough waters??

crusingici

I found the waters to be fairly calm during my cruise (POH, 4/30/07), but it could vary from one week to another. And, on most nights, we were in the Spinnaker Lounge, which is the forward-most room on Deck 13 (the highest main deck), which in theory should have had the most motion, but it always felt calm. I didn't see or hear of anyone getting seasick on my cruise. I think it might be rougher in the winter.

It can be somewhat rougher in the winter months if a storm has come through (or is going through or just passed), but it can also be quite nice. Our December PoH cruise had very nice conditions overall. The cruise from Kauai to Oahu (lots of open ocean hours) had some noticable movement, but even that was minimal and nothing more than we've had in the Caribbean in the spring. In Hawaii, the spring winds can sometimes cause rougher ocean conditions, but it can also be smooth as can be. Late summer and into fall are usually the best for consistent ocean conditions (in our experience), but as we've recently seen, a hurricane close by can cause heavy seas in those months.

beachchick

A group of us are looking at possible cruises to Tahiti and maybe beyond. Would you recommend the ship and itinerary? Thanks.

We loved the ship and the itinerary. But, you better do it quick. Princess is sending the TP to Alaska next summer and it's unclear how often it will back in Tahtiti after that. The Paul Gaugen (sp?) may be the only ship left doing a regular Tahiti sailing.

Archived