Kids club in Alaska in port?

Jridou

Does anyone know if the Kids club (on the Coral) operates while in port ? We were looking at a few shore excursions that wouldn't be appropriate for my 3 year old but that my older kids would love.

Thanks! Amy

We actually did a helicopter excursion with the kids in June (ages 9 and 8). The difference was that ours was the helicopter ride/glacier trek, which set you down on the glacier for about a 30 minute walk. The kids really enjoyed it! My 8 YO, who was sitting in the front with my DH, sat with his mouth open in awe the entire time we were on the helicopter. Have a great time!

When we did the Alaskan cruise on the Sapphire in 2004, my girl (then 7 years old) wanted to stay onboard the ship. So we signed her up for the in-port kidsitting (which was really just watching videos and playing some games...not really scheduled activities). We were glad we scheduled our one excursion through Princess as it was running late due to weather. We got back to the ship after the scheduled sailaway time, but the ship waited.

You may note that the fun zone usuallly closes from 12-2 and 5-7 so you'll want to double check on whether you need to return to the ship during those times. Even if you sign up for an excursion through pre-booking, you can cancel up to 48 hours or so prior. So if the counselors tell you that you need to pick up your child, you can change your plans.

Archived