Community Guidelines

SheilaNC

Hi, folks,

Just a friendly reminder to reread the Community Guidelines once in awhile. Sometimes it's hard, even for me, to remember what they are. There have been a number of posts and thread recently that discuss or ask for recommendations for travel agents and booking Web sites. Such discussions are violations of the guidelines for Cruise Critic.

There are other parts of the Community Guidelines that bear rereading as well. Thanks for your cooperation. This is a fun and very informative and important board. I look forward to continuing to learn from your questions and answers and to assisting when I have information to share. Have a great day!

Sorry, it counts as a travel agency

OK, please clarify. It is a site that has many different agencies competing for business, including some of the agencies that are on cruise critic. I don't think it is any different from any page that lists many different agencies. People get to choose which agency they deal with, not any particular one, so shouldn't this be ok?

• Administrators

Hello:

We don't allow discussion about any specific source by which you'd purchase a cruise -- whether it be a single agency OR an aggregate.

The discussion is limited to the basics: should you use a TA? Should you use a cruise only vs. a local mom&pop vs. using one of the large, travel sites, OR should you purchase your cruise directly from the cruiseline.

Laura

Archived