Port Canaveral - Cocoa Beach Holiday Inn

duncanmaria

Has anybody stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Cocoa Beach? I understand it is not on the beach (although very close) but is only a mile from the cruise terminal. I travel extensively at my job and can stay for free due to "Rewards Nights" earned.

Is the hotel nice/clean for a family of four? Understood that these are not luxury accomodations but does the proximity to the terminal, Cocoa Beach Pier, dining, etc, make up for that? We will be staying for a single night prior to our January 20, 2008 Mariner sailing.

Can you see the ocean or cruise ship terminal from the hotel? Can you see the cruise ships from the Cocoa Beach Pier dining venues?

Any comments or thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

The HI Express is on A1A about 2 miles or so south of the port entrance. It is not on the beach, rather its about 3 blocks to the west.

The hotel is about 3 years old and the folks I know who have stayed there say it is very nice for a HI Express. The hotel sits right next to a shopping center that has a grocery (Publix), several pizza/hot dog/chinese restaurants and a sports pub called Beef O'Brady's. Durango Steakhouse and a breakfast restaurant is across the street. The walk to the beach is easy and the Cocoa Beach pier is right there.

If you want to stay on the beach, the Holiday Inn Cocoa Beach is about 1 1/2 miles south of the HI Express. Its older, but in a better location and features a pretty good steakhouse.

You wont be able to see the ships from that hotel,but yes, you can see them as they leave the area,if you eat the Pier.........the Atlantic Ocean Grill is very nice(seafood).............Marlins is good too(more like a wing and burger kind of place)

http://www.cocoabeachpier.com/food_spirits.html

For one night,I would stay where you are looking at........easy walk(well,you do have to cross A1A).....to the pier...........we usually stay at the Best Western right across the street because of its location...........we enjoy going to the pier.......

Archived