San Pedro Parking Advice Needed

My DH and I will be cruising with my married daughter and her DH on the Monarch of the Seas leaving San Pedro on 10/23 and returning 10/26. We're driving down from the SF Bay area the morning of our cruise and will be staying one night in the LA area when we return on 10/26.

Can anyone offer some advise about parking. I do know that there is parking at the port for $12 per night. But, I'm wondering if it might be better to go with a Park and Cruise style hotel that would allow us to park before our cruise. Another alternative would be a less expensive park and cruise lot. Any suggestions? :rolleyes:

I am looking forward to what others will say. We had the same question. I booked a park and sail hotel for the night before the cruise becasue the cost of the room almost paid for the port parking. We are not leaving until late January so I may change my mind before then.

I think you mean 10/22? 10/23 is a Tuesday & Monarch departs Monday & Friday. So your parking tab will be $48, $60 if you arrive really early on Monday and don't disembark until late on Friday - they charge you the full day even if you're only over by an hour (although sometimes they waive that).

I think the Crowne Plaza Hotel also offers a park & sail package. There is no remote park & cruise lot that I'm aware of.

I think you mean 10/22? 10/23 is a Tuesday & Monarch departs Monday & Friday. So your parking tab will be $48, $60 if you arrive really early on Monday and don't disembark until late on Friday - they charge you the full day even if you're only over by an hour (although sometimes they waive that).

I think the Crowne Plaza Hotel also offers a park & sail package. There is no remote park & cruise lot that I'm aware of.

Yep!~ :p It's the Mon-Friday cruise. So, we embark on the 22nd!

A couple of things to be aware of about parking at the cruise terminal. They accept cash only, so make sure you put some aside for the fee. Also, parking is outside, so if you mind getting your car covered by a fairly oily film, bring a cover or do the hotel.

Maybe off-topic and none of my business, but it's one heck of a drive from Newark to San Pedro on the day of the cruise.... maybe you should think about driving down the day before? Especially since we always like to get on board early so as not to miss half-a-day on the ship.

We've parked at the pier in San Pedro a number of times and never had a problem with oily film on the car or anything else. I think it's really quite convenient.

Whatever you do, have fun!

Maybe off-topic and none of my business, but it's one heck of a drive from Newark to San Pedro on the day of the cruise.... maybe you should think about driving down the day before? Especially since we always like to get on board early so as not to miss half-a-day on the ship.

We've parked at the pier in San Pedro a number of times and never had a problem with oily film on the car or anything else. I think it's really quite convenient.

Whatever you do, have fun!

We considered driving in the day before, but due to various reasons (including leaving their 4 kids for an extra night) we opted for just leaving really early the morning of the cruise. We'll leave at 5am, pick them up in Tracy by 6am and drop off our 21 year old daughter who'll be watching their kids and head down Hwy 5. We expect to arrive in San Pedro shortly after noon. That's pretty close to what we'd do even if we stayed nearby the night before.

Anyway...thanks for all your suggestions. We've decided to just park the car at the pier. The park and cruise places nearby are pretty expensive to stay. Instead, I got us two rooms for the 26th at a 4-star hotel on Priceline (Westin Bonaventurein LA) for $75 per night (each). :D Score!~

Archived