Anyone on 12/19/07?

james king

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

James:

My husband and I will be boarding the Legend on Dec. 19th in FLL. We enjoyed the same cruise last year and are looking forward to another wonderful holiday on Seabourn. There are some minor changes in the itinerary but it should be a great cruise. Last year we had some rough seas, we're hoping for a smoother ride this time.

See you in just 53 days!

• 2 weeks later...

Oh Goodness! I haven't ever experienced any rough seas on Seabourn, We have always done the med with seabourn and this is our first time in the Caribbean with them.... We always sail with the larger ships in the Caribbean, because they offer a good price for a reasonable product.

I hope that we are not bobbing around too much, as I hate being sea sick! Not long now... tickets arrive soon!

James

James...hopefully last year's experience was unique. We've been on Seabourn in the Caribbean before and only experienced the really rough weather last year.

Not many passengers were sea sick but several times we had to "hold on" when walking in the passageways etc. The crew was very helpful getting us across the dance floor in the Club on some occasions when we were literally rocking and rolling.

We're starting to get excited - not many days now until our documents arrive!

• 3 weeks later...

James, I’m so sorry it’s taken me so long to check back in! It’s been a very busy fall here in Virginia. You will be leaving in just two short weeks, I hope you’ve had a wonderful time putting the finishing touches on your travel plans.

But I’m starting to focus now…my DH has been asking how the “briefing book” is coming along. I always prepare a three-ring binder with all the details of the upcoming trip….flight arrangements, hotels, airport floor plans, deck plans, sailing itin with tabs for each port of call and all the info about it I can garner, a list of planned shore ex and descriptions of activities. I started this a few vacations ago when he asked me one too many times…”Where are going again?” followed by “What airport are we flying into?”. Now I just smile serenely and drop the briefing book in his lap. Peace reigns, information abounds and I can keep my sanity. So much nicer than screeching “For the fiftieth time…AMSTERDAM!”

I’m having a hard time ginning up any interest in getting off the Legend during the Panama stop. Peurto Quepos also presents a problem, as the national park Manuel Antonio will be closed the day we dock, and that’s what I really wanted to see. San Juan Del Sur and it’s beaches sound much better explored on our own, rather than spending 4 hours on a bus going to Granada.

Now for the frenzy that is the Christmas season, coupled with getting all the office ducks in a row to be gone so long. And then there is the packing….the one thing I do NOT look forward to, particularly as the spare bedroom (called the “staging area”) will be in use and unavailable during the holidays.

Enjoy these last few frenetic days before you leave your beautiful country….safe journey….I look forward to meeting you when we embark on the 2nd!

Kate

• 2 weeks later...

On the Legend Christmas cruise, Dec. 19th, the Cruise Director will be Frank Freeman along with Assn. CD Sarah. Jan Stearman is aboard now helping/training Frank ~~I believe Frank was with Seabourn many years ago, but I've never sailed with him.

Does anyone know Frank?

Martita B.

I will let you know about "Frank" in January Martha, when I will be back home! I don't think I will be posting from the Legend. Too busy!

Does anyone know how many formal nights there will be on the two weeks Holiday cruise, because I still don't know and I am about to get some things organized regarding our luggage this afternoon or tomorrow.

I didn't receive the pre-cruise documents by mistake.

Thanks,

Marja

Marja,

Frank Freeman will be aboard our Jan. 16th sailing, as well. I think

he was with Seabourn 9 or 10 years ago.

As to the formal evenings, I would plan on at least 5 or 6. I can not remember how many we had last year for the 3 weeks I was aboard the Pride. There will be the Captain's 2 "Welcome Receptions", Christmas Eve, New Year's Eve, Club parties (semi-formal) and Captain's "Farewell" parties. I took mix/match black along with a couple of formal gowns.

I know the Legend will look absolutely gorgeous! Seabourn spares no expense for the festive holiday cruises! My favorite decorations are the fabulous Gingerbread houses and villages!

I'm anxious to see and visit with Captain Tom T. ~~~I'm very proud of him!

When I'm aboard I don't post either ~~I've only been in the Business Center twice! (with Matt)

Have fun and more fun!:p

MB

Mum and Dad are aboard the Legend Now!

I got the third of the e-mails since they boarded yesterday, the joined her on the 5th, they will be on board until the 2nd Jan.

Dad said they were invited to dine with the cruise director on there 1st night aboard and they had a wonderful dinner.... Dad said the cruise director was new but that was all he mentioned. I watched them go through the Miraflores and Gutun locks on there canal transit and under the Centenary bridge. I e-mailed them some web cam captures that l downloaded of there transit and it was this e-mail that they responded to.

Seabourn Nail I am going to private mail you there direct E-mail address on board perhaps if you pose your questions direct too them dad will not have a problem to find out find for you.

I will do the same.

They have been pretty quiet on the e-mail sending on there first week onboard except to say they are having an AMAZING time.

I will copy the couple of e-mails l have got here now....

oldest mail 12/7/07

Hi Col,

I have just read your E/Mail and will do what I can. Yes we got the up grade we are in suite 313 on the 6th floor and the rooms are great. We had a plane breakdown at JFK and was 1 Hr late leaving arrived at miami with 25min to get to our next flight. It was easy just ask someone as we landed at gate E25 and had to go to Gate D45. They told us we had to catch a train as the air port is not all connected together. We found the train and it took us to D section but gate 2 so off we went again to find D45 15 minutes later we found it and thet had held the plane for us,( boy were we stuffed). Arrived in Costa Rica and met by Seabourn people and taken to the Hotel. Col the Hotel was briliant every thing you could think of.Then off to the ship and boarded at about 3pm to find our up grade and an invertation to dine with the Cruise Director for Dinner which we did, he has just joined the ship as well.We had breaky in our room this morning and we are about to explore the ship. Col this is great and Mum is back to her old self again. Will close now as I can get on the internet any time I want from now on.

Love you and thanks again Mum & Dad.

P. S. We hope you had a very happy birthday we were thinking of you but could not find anywhere to conntact you on the day. Love again the Travelers.

12/10/07

Hi Everyone,

Sorry we are late with this report, we were trying to catch up on some lost sleep. We departed New York and it was still snowwing about 8.30am arrived at Miami early afternoon and changed planes. ( I will report further on the transfer when we get home as it was so very different). Landed in San Jose at 4pm and taken to the hotel which was very special. In the morning we were taken by bus through the mountains to Caldera (Boy was that some sort of a trip)to board our ship at 3pm. We have not left the ship ( Resting) until todayand we went ashore at Panama city. Kaye went shoping and I took a trip to the locks and watched the ship goinging through, I was fasinated by the engineering feat and how it all works. Back on the ship we are enjoying being pampered by all the staff and 1st class service it is a wonderful Cruise Ship for people around our age. Tomorrow at about 8am we travel through the Canel they tell us it takes about 8hrs to go through so we specialy me are looking forward to it. I hope to make the reports more regular from now on. It will take me months to pepare everything that has happened in this trip it has been nothing short of "AMAZING" Until next time Love to all.

From Brian & Kaye.

12/11/07

Thanks again Col for the e-mail the ship is just great and we have met some great people. This is like a dream come true. The ship feels like home. We did not expect it to be like this, it's like the whole ship is just for us. to think we are doing this for a whole month is just awesome. Who would have thought your mother and I would ever do such a thing. Do you realise this will be the first time in over 30 years we will be spending Christmas without family! The fist year in that mum hasn't cooked for. I think she is so looking forward to this that you wouldn't or couldn't understand. Col you don't know what this means to us. Thankyou from the bottom of our hearts.

Contact you soon Love Dad & Mum.

So thats all l have received everyone! I think they are getting lost in it all, and for that l am glad.

I am sure they will send more once they settle right in.

I will try and e-mail you privatley Seabourn-Nail

Cheers Colin......................

I am sorry Seabourn Nail I cannot find a way to contact you. perhaps if you see this you will e-mail me and l will send back their details direct to you.

Colin.......................

Dear Colin!

Thank you for all the trouble you were willing to go through! In the mean time I already found out, that we will be having 4 formal nights in the two weeks.

It is truly wonderful to read how your parents are enjoying themselves. I look forward to meeting them. But I thought you were going to join them too for the Holidays? Maybe I'm mistaken. In that case I do wish you a well earned wonderful Christmas at home.

Marja

Thanks for you quick reply,

No l was never going to join them, many here on the boards tried to encourage me, but this is their trip.

I wanted them to enjoy each other on an amazing journey that hopefully would see some dreams and fantasy's come true.

This is their time, after a lifetime of family responsibility it's time for some magic just for them.

Marja,

Mum has just come through 3 years of a life battle similar to what you are experiencing. We & she were told not to be very hopeful but she defied all the odds and has come through with flying colors. This trip is her reward. I get the feeling this trip has similar meaning for you too!!

I think you will both have a lot in common and will connect very well.

I wish you well.

Perhaps you will do me the honor of presenting mum and dad a Christmas Toast with a nice drop of champaign from me if you get the chance. Please toast them my love and best wishes for the season and l hope and pray that all there wishes come true.

For this l would be in your debt.

Merry Christmas Marja!!

I hope that 2008 brings all the good news that you are praying for. And l hope that some of those prayers coming to you from down under help make a difference..

Have a great cruise!!

Colin............................................

You are so right Jane! Thank you very much for your good wishes Colin.

I most certainly will toast with and to your parents at Christmas, but more likely every day! Maybe you can post a small picture of them, so I can recognize them soon?

Again I wish you a wonderful Christmas, you must feel very fulfilled with joy!

Marja

Marja....I haven't been reading this thread for a while but I noticed your question about formal nights - our documents indicate 4 such occasions.

We look forward to seeing you in less than a week! What a wonderful vacation it will be.

Oh...editing to add- I see you already have your answer - I should have read all the way through!

Collin, I'm so happy to hear of the pleasure your parents are experiencing on the Legend. I look forward to meeting them soon. AND, I will certainly join in the toast to the new year and their very special son. This is obviously a very special voyage for all of you.

Here is 2 more e-mails from Mum and Dad.

12/14/07

Hi Again,

Having done a tour by taxi of the first of six locks "The Miraflores " through the Panama, to see it first hand before transiting by sea, it gave me a good idea as to what to expect. Kaye did not come with me she went shopping instead. The trip through took 9Hrs and was much more than we expected. The engineering feat is something I find hard to believe as it was done almost 100 years ago.I will write more about the whole trip when we get back home. We arrived at " Puerto Moin ( Limon ) on the 12 of Dec and took a tour through the canals and seen Monkeys, Sloths, many birds and lizards. This was followed by a bus tour through the banana plantations and they are 10 times bigger than any in Australia. The day was excellent and the weather has been great. Today is a sea day, so we have to study for our Trivia game, we have a team of 10 from all different country's. So until next time. This is " AMAZING. " love to all B & K.

AND:

12/18/07

Hi Col,

In reply to your E/Mail You picked the right ship it is just great.

The pampering , service, food, and staff is exceptional. The suite is very good and the balcony makes it as we have it open most of the time and I am out there with my binoculars day and night looking for things. We have been invited to dinner every night by some one from the crew and have accepted some of the invitations. Tonight we are having dinner with the Captain and another couple in a special room??.When we went through the Canal Col I never left the top deck at the bow of the boat. From 7am till 6pm I missed lunch & Breakfast because I did not want to miss anything and Mum even thought it was great. I found it facinating and very glad I had the oppurtunity to see it. All because of you. It is something I will treasure in memories. That is my part over now it is Mums turn. I have 2 shirts from Panama to remember it by. We had a great time in Hunting Caye With the staff delivering Caviar and champas by surf board, a BBQ and Banana Boat ride, it was a day to remember. We have one day to go before Lauderdale, sorry I have to now for it is time for more drinks and food. We have made some very special friends here

Love Dad & Mum.

PS. Mum is having a massage this morning. And another one on the 27th Dec.

I will post some more as e-mails come to hand.

Colin....................

We were all quite confident that your parents would have a great time.... glad it is going so well for them.....look forward to seeing a nice long report when they get home!.....oh darn....I wont be home then....I will be on The Pride!!! :D

I'm finishing the packing this morning but couldn't resist the need to stop and check the Board.

We're very excited to be boarding the Legend later today. I hope we'll find it as wonderful as Kaye and Brian. They have obviously been having a great time.

Just a few more hours.....

Archived