Hotels close to Suvarnabhumi Airport

Donyb

Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced hotel close to Suvarnabhumi Airport in Bangkok? We have a 6AM flight which requires about a 4AM check-in.

Any help would be appreciated.

Check out http://www.bangkokairportonline.com/node/20

I have it booked for 1 night for the November 18th cruise on the inbound flight. Paid $135.00

Al :D

Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced hotel close to Suvarnabhumi Airport in Bangkok? We have a 6AM flight which requires about a 4AM check-in.

Any help would be appreciated.

You may be better off booking your airport hotel once you get on your cruise (or at least very close to flight date). They are still having MAJOR problems at the new airport and some carriers have gone back to Don Muang (the old airport). MOST international flights are still leaving from the new airport, but you definitely need to keep an eye on the situation. Thai Airlines last week flew 4/5 international flights out of the OLD airport.

And I would advise being at the NEW airport 3 hours before flight time. The lines can be astronomical and the baggage system is still operating sporadically.

The Novotel is the "official" airport hotel. There are a couple of others. For the best rates, I use AsiaRooms.com for most of my hotel bookings for my Asia business travel. http://www.asiarooms.com/thailand/bangkok/suvarnabhumi_airport-area.html

Thanks for the info on the new airport. I didn't have any idea that flight changes were occurring. I will definitely stay on top of this. If push comes to shove we can just stay at the Peninsula but it's alot to pay for very little sleeping time.

Nancy

Check out: http://www.donmuangairportonline.com/

Called Thai Air, they said they have opened Don Muang airport with flights to Thailand border countries. All long haul international flight still come into the new airport and they have no plans to change that.

Al :D

Don't know who you spoke to at Thai, but last week, after another glitch at the new airport, Thai flew 4 or 5 international flights to Europe out of Don Muang.

International flights are SUPPOSED to fly out of the new airport. ALL international flights fly INTO the new airport. But there have been numerous taxi way problems (the runways are breaking up due to underground water which is not properly draining) and when it rains a lot, it exacerbates the problems. Last week, some of the jet ways also would not work for some Thai international flights. So they transferred the planes and pax to Don Muang.

I flew into the new airport in July and out of Don Muang (business trip). The new airport is very glitzy and modern. But there are problems with the initial construction, baggage handling system (much like the initial problems at Denver) and there ARE NOT enough seats to sit on. Lots of lines and people standing around.

Just wanted to give you a heads up that there are continuing problems at the new airport and you should be aware of possible delays, glitches and changes. http://www.angkor.com/2bangkok/2bangkok/sbia/index.shtml

We flew in and out of the new airport last month on Thai. Lines to get through secuity are a hassle really long. And as it is quite large it took us a while to get to our gate for the connection to Rome. Coming back I knew to keep walking to get to the gate as it took about a hour to clear security and find the gate.

Archived