First Time on Carnival

letsrun26

Hello Carnival Alum,

My wife and I are leaving in 3 weeks for our 5th cruise on RCCL. But, we are ready to try something new, so today, I booked a cruise in April on the Carnival Conquest. We're taking the kids (2) and mother on that one, so the price was more affordable than RCCL for 2 cabins.

As a "Loyal Royal", I'm just looking for some words of encouragement that we made the right choice. We are very easy to please so as long as we're not the ones making the beds, picking up the towels, or making dinner, we're quite happy.

we went on the conquest in 2004 and the cruise was great.

the food was good, service was good, we liked everything about it , ,

we really liked the entertainment,,

I think compared to other lines weve been on Carnival is really good, and the midnight comedy was a plus...

I think you will have a great time...

Have fun

melissa

Oh, I think you will have a wonderful time. I have sailed on RCCL twice and several times on Carnival and I love them both.

The kids will have a great time in Camp Carnival, and you will have fun everywhere else!

Welcome to Carnival and enjoy your cruise!!!

:) :)

I've only been on one other Carnival Cruise... that was a couple of years ago on the Fantasy.

Previous to that, I had only been on the Disney Cruise line. I LOVED Disney... but due to a shortage of funds, I had to go with Carnival on my last cruise. Much to my surprise, Carnival was AWESOME! I went on the ship EXPECTING to be disappointed. I mean, really, how could they possibly compete with Disney? But compete they did... everything, except Camp Carnival, impressed the heck out of me.

As you can see, I am going on my second Carnival Cruise in just another week or so (woo Hoo!!!) and I just might stick with Carnival from now on. There is always a slight possibility that I will take my daughter on the Disney cruise when she gets a bit older, she'll absolutely LOVE Disney's kids section (entire DECK that is!) but for now Carnival is perfect for us. (and affordable too!)

Hello Carnival Alum,

My wife and I are leaving in 3 weeks for our 5th cruise on RCCL. But, we are ready to try something new, so today, I booked a cruise in April on the Carnival Conquest. We're taking the kids (2) and mother on that one, so the price was more affordable than RCCL for 2 cabins.

As a "Loyal Royal", I'm just looking for some words of encouragement that we made the right choice. We are very easy to please so as long as we're not the ones making the beds, picking up the towels, or making dinner, we're quite happy.

I agree with the other posters and believe that you will enjoy your cruise. My only caution would be if you are sailing the week of April 6th that it is spring break week for alot of schools. I was on RCCL Explorer during spring break this year and it was tolerable because I spent most of my time in the solarium and spa area so I didn't notice all the kids that much. However, I would think on the Conquest without the solarium area to go to it might be a lot more noticable?

I found the two lines to comparible though. Explorer was a much prettier ship than the Carnival ships I have been on, rooms were about the same in size and bed comfort, like the food on Carnival better, really like the adult solarium on RCCL though. Your kids should like camp Carnival and love the water slide! I say go for it.

My wife have sailed 5 times, all on Royal Caribbean.

We are looking to book a February or March cruise, and we are serioously looking at the Conquest!

I cannot believe how much lower the prices are on the Conquest compared to the Voyager of the Seas.

Hello Carnival Alum,

I am the opposite. Next week I'll be on my fifth Carnival cruise and I've been on one RCCL cruise and that one was more than enough.

You sure made the right choice. Carnival has better food, larger rooms, and better service than RCCL.

Enjoy your Carnival cruise.

You can look at our past Cruises and see where our loyalties are.......you will not be disappointed with Carnival.....you made a good choice. Have a great time, the kids will love it !

Ditto here.

Why pay for something you will not use is my view. We are all afraid of heights, so the Rock wall is out. We don't do the spa, gym, or mini golf.

I have never been on RCCL or any other cruise line, but I cn tell you this, I like, no make that LOVE Carnival cruise line.

I can not afford Disney even with employee discount. Nor can I see spending all that extra on RCCL when we don't use the services that that extra is paying for.

My heart belongs to Carnival.

As a "Loyal Royal", I'm just looking for some words of encouragement that we made the right choice. .

I believe you will be pleasantly surprised. The two lines are more similiar than different, as far as entertainment and service. However, I think you'll enjoy the larger cabin space, much better cuisine (I'm a retired chef from N.O.), as well as complimentary espresso and cappuccino in the dining room w/meals. I did not like paying extra for that on RCCL.

Go w/the attitude that this will be yet another 'adventure' and something new to explore. Bon Voyage!:)

I love them both, I think you will have a great time. Obviously by my signature you can see I have been on Carnival more, but that is mainly due to availablity and price due to RC not having a year round presence in Galveston. I give Carnival the slight edge in food, room size and service - but they were my first cruise ever, so that probably makes me somewhat partial to them. You will notice small differences but they should be minor. Go into it with an open mind and you will have fun. Good luck!

Hello Carnival Alum,

Hello Carnival Alum,

My family and I just came off of the Conquest in early August. It was an awesome cruise. I have a review posted on this site. Go and have a good time.

I believe you will be pleasantly surprised. The two lines are more similiar than different, as far as entertainment and service. However, I think you'll enjoy the larger cabin space, much better cuisine (I'm a retired chef from N.O.), as well as complimentary espresso and cappuccino in the dining room w/meals. I did not like paying extra for that on RCCL.

Go w/the attitude that this will be yet another 'adventure' and something new to explore. Bon Voyage!:)

The service on Carnival is much better. On Carnival they came within the promised time. On RCCL they came whenever they felt like it. Also, the food on RCCL was not good. Had things to eat in port.

Yes, Carnival is the only cruise line of the five I've been on that has Cappuccino in the dining room at no extra charge.

The service on Carnival is much better. On Carnival they came within the promised time.

If you're referring to room service, yes they are much more prompt than RCCL. I have never waited over 10 minutes for my orders to arrive. RCCL, about 30-40 minutes each time.:rolleyes:

Other than that, I think the service is about equal throughout the ship.

After five Carnival and one NCL cruise, my DH and I sailed for the 1st time ever on RCCL - Mariner of the Seas in May of this year. There were three things we liked about RCCL = sliding doors going out to the balcony, shower doors vs. shower curtains and we were the 1st color/groups called off the ship for debarkation.

Carnival food is superior, service is better, cruise cost less, entertainment is better.

We were very disappointed in RCCL for the money we spent and will probably never sail RCCL again - unless it was an unbelievable deal we cannot not pass up.

We leave on the Triumph 1st weekend in November. $500 pp for an 8C balcony room = about 1/2 what we paid for RCCL. That buys a lotta "drinks of the day!!!"

(Having said all that, the GLORY is our favorite ship :p )

The service on Carnival is much better. On Carnival they came within the promised time.

If you're referring to room service, yes they are much more prompt than RCCL. I have never waited over 10 minutes for my orders to arrive. RCCL, about 30-40 minutes each time.:rolleyes:

Other than that, I think the service is about equal throughout the ship.

What did you do to get it between 30-40 minutes? With me one time they showed up about three hours later and the second time they showed up one hour later. I will not cruise on RCCL. I don't get good service or good food. Every day on RCCL is like Yom Kippor. That is a fast day (no eating and/or drinking).

What did you do to get it between 30-40 minutes? With me one time they showed up about three hours later and the second time they showed up one hour later. I will not cruise on RCCL. I don't get good service or good food. Every day on RCCL is like Yom Kippor. That is a fast day (no eating and/or drinking).

Too bad you judge RCCL by just one ship. If I would have done that with Carnival I would have never sailed Carnival again:rolleyes: Every ship is different they are each ran by different staff, so no 2 ships will be identical no matter what line you cruise.

Also the newer RCCL ship cabins are comparable to Carnival cabins. So that theory is going out the door lol!

Op I'm sure you will have fun on the Conquest. It's a great ship.

Let us know how it turns out.

Too bad you judge RCCL by just one ship. If I would have done that with Carnival I would have never sailed Carnival again:rolleyes: Every ship is different they are each ran by different staff, so no 2 ships will be identical no matter what line you cruise.

Also the newer RCCL ship cabins are comparable to Carnival cabins. So that theory is going out the door lol!

Op I'm sure you will have fun on the Conquest. It's a great ship.

Let us know how it turns out.

I have been on five different lines. If I have a good cruise then I'll cruise that line again. If it's a bad cruise then that is enough for me. If I experience a bad cruise after several good cruises then I could just chalk that one up to a bad trip for the crew. But, a bad cruise on the first time, not again for that line.

Other people could do what they want. It doesn't bother me at all.

I have been on five different lines. If I have a good cruise then I'll cruise that line again. If it's a bad cruise then that is enough for me. If I experience a bad cruise after several good cruises then I could just chalk that one up to a bad trip for the crew. But, a bad cruise on the first time, not again for that line.

Other people could do what they want. It doesn't bother me at all.

You know that makes no sense at all. But I agree with you on one thing.

It doesn't bother me either what people want;)

Archived