All things Monarch of the Seas

What is the BEST Junior Suite to get?

From some research that I have done, it seems that the following cabins are the better JS available on MOS.

1084-1088 and 1584-1588

I read they have more light, less traffic, and quiet stairs and elevators. I booked 1588 for my Majesty cruise.

I was in JS 1086 in February and I can confirm the location can't be beat for being quiet and convenient. The aft elevators were seldom busy and we rarely ran into anyone on the stairs. From previous experience, the forward elevator / stairs can be a zoo. Being aft , it felt like we were special and had our own secret passageway, so shhhh don't tell...

Ah... but do they still have the Escargot? :D

I can't wait to have some this weekend! :D

The only other complaint I had was Mr. Johnny O...I know he has a lot of fans here, but I'm not joining the club! He was just not very present throughout, only the main shows and Quest, and he was totally unapproachable when you did see him. During Quest he had bodyguards...I've never seen that before...maybe he got hurt or something. Even at the C&A party, he was just in the background until time to make his little introductions. He was in the line up as you entered, but didn't utter a word, or extend a hand...pretty out of character for a CD. The rest of his staff was wonderful!!!

I don't doubt what you are saying, but that is the total opposite of what we experienced last month. DW and I had a long conversation with him and he was delightful. I complimented him on his weight loss and was excited to talk about it.

I can't wait to have some this weekend! :D

I don't doubt what you are saying, but that is the total opposite of what we experienced last month. DW and I had a long conversation with him and he was delightful. I complimented him on his weight loss and was excited to talk about it.

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt since he did have a loss in the family. That can certainly put one off their game. I was just really disappointed because I had heard such wonderful things about him :confused:

I was in JS 1086 in February and I can confirm the location can't be beat for being quiet and convenient. The aft elevators were seldom busy and we rarely ran into anyone on the stairs. From previous experience, the forward elevator / stairs can be a zoo. Being aft , it felt like we were special and had our own secret passageway, so shhhh don't tell...

I've been both forward and aft in a JS. The only trouble we had aft was an occasional late night knock and run from the kids club...LOL...no biggie. Other than that it was very quiet, and great location.

Thanks everyone for all the info! I'm highly considering the 9/1 sailing (4 night) and I think all of my questions have been answered :D All of you seem to think so highly of the ship that it's getting me excited! All I need now is some affordable airfare and I'm good to go.

I would love to know if Trudy Julius will be on for my cruise on the 30th of June. Can somebody sailing soon find out? Thanks!

We just got off Monarch yesterday and Trudy told us she was on till the first of June, so I am assuming she starts her vacation then. Sorry:( .

Hi all the Monarch experts. We have booked our first cruise for 04/09 on Monarch to the bahamas. We have JS 1548 booked. We are traveling w/o kids and wanted something mid ship (since we don't know how we will be with the rocking). My concern is that this cabin is next to the RS. Does the RS tend to be noisier (with more folks in it)? Anything else you all can tell me about Monarch is greatly appreciated. TIA

Archived