All things Monarch of the Seas

Hi everyone,

Here is a video that I shot during a 4 night Bahamas cruise onboard 'Monarch of the Seas' from July 6-11 2009:

'Culinary operations onboard Monarch of the Seas'.

Other videos to come in the future will be of 'Coco Cay', 'Nassau', and 'Monarch of the Seas' in general.

:)

progress.gif

Hi everyone,

Here is a video that I shot during a 4 night Bahamas cruise onboard 'Monarch of the Seas' from July 6-11 2009:

Other videos to come in the future will be of 'Coco Cay', 'Nassau', and 'Monarch of the Seas' in general.

progress.gif

Awesome video! Great job! :) Can't wait to see more!

Hi everyone,

progress.gif

Magnificant! Made me feel like I was back on board. Thanks!!!! :D:D:D

HI! We are booked for the Oct. 12th sailing on the Monarch. Can someone email me the 4 day Compass please? We sailed SOS last year and loved this class ship. Just anxious to see what is planned for our cruise. Thanks in advance to anyone who can email me these. Email is gaylebo35@cableone.net Thanks again! Gayle

sorry,I dont have any............but FYI~~it was the SS,NOT SOS!!:eek::eek::eek:;)

Just back from a 4 day on the Monarch - loved it of course! Reminded me a lot of the Sovereign. My boyfriend (first cruise) loved it as well. We couldn't tender to CocoCay on Tuesday so we went to Nassau early and we were able to make it to CocoCay on Thursday. Great ship and a great trip! Wish I were still there!

I had asked about deck 2 and had started feeling really good about being down there thanks to everyones responses. Well we just changed our cabins from 2 cabins with 3 people to 3 cabins with 2 people and they also changed the deck we were on to deck 4. I looked at the deck plan and we are the first 3 cabins 4587, 4585, and 4583 right after you exit the elevator. Also same deck as the centrum. Now I'm a little worried about noise from the elevators etc...Anybody been in these cabins or close to them? FYI we got the extra cabin and not only did we not have to pay more, they actually gave us a $210.00 onboard credit. Thanks again in advance for any info on the cabins.

I had asked about deck 2 and had started feeling really good about being down there thanks to everyones responses. Well we just changed our cabins from 2 cabins with 3 people to 3 cabins with 2 people and they also changed the deck we were on to deck 4. I looked at the deck plan and we are the first 3 cabins 4587, 4585, and 4583 right after you exit the elevator. Also same deck as the centrum. Now I'm a little worried about noise from the elevators etc...Anybody been in these cabins or close to them? FYI we got the extra cabin and not only did we not have to pay more, they actually gave us a $210.00 onboard credit. Thanks again in advance for any info on the cabins.

Those cabins are fine!! You get off the elevator or walk off the stairs and you go down the hallway,just a bit and turn in towards yours.........shouldnt be much thru traffic in the hallway at all...............it will be quiet.....You wont hear the noise from the elevators.........

I stayed in 4583 last Dec. and it was perfect! Didn't hear a thing, and loved being right by the elevators and the centrum.

Can anyone tell me if they have wine tastings or martini tastings on this ship? My husband and I have enjoyed the various tastings on previous cruises.

Thanks in advance!

They had a wine tasting in August but I did not see any Martini tastings.

I am unsure if I added this once we came back in August. I did not like the Jade at all. The food was just OK which is fine if I were not paying for it. The service was terrible. They were friendly but over worked even though the place was almost empty.

I hate to be thinking about getting off the ship before I even get on... but I have a 3pm flight after my 4day Monarch cruise next month. It seems like not enough time to do KSC before heading to Orlando, but too early to go straight to the airport. Or am I wrong?

How early can I get off the ship to do a whirlwind trip to the Space Center. And does anyone recommend a shuttle service to take me (and family) and hold my luggage?

Or, how late can I get off the ship? The idea of a leisurely breakfast on the ship and being the last one off is appealing, too.

Or, do you recommend something else? I considered the ship's airboat excursion, but heard it's loud and I am afraid my kid won't like it.

I will be on the Monarch 11-16. Does anybody know if she has been in dry dock lately? I cruised Monarch in 2003 but that was so long ago I can't remember to much about it. We sailed out of LA. Is there priority boarding at cape canaveral for platinum crown and anchor members? What is the weather like in Nov.? Any info would be great.:D

Hi Luvnick.

Monarch has not beein in a dry dock since you last cruised on her. But do not let that bother you. Royal Caribbean is taking good care of her. Here is a video I shot onboard her in July, hope it helps a bit.

The weather in November is not bad at all. November can still produce some hot and sunny days. The main difference is that there is less humidity which is not really a bad thing.

Have a great cruise on Monarch, she's a classic.

Archived