Carnival Liberty 09/23/07 review (LONG)

jennybabee

I was in no way being "picky", I was just giving my opinion on the cruise ship. I forgot that in this "community" there are quiet a few bullies who think Carnival is the best ship line in the world, because they only do Carnival.

I thought I could make a opinion known because it was in fact a poor ship IM MY EYES, and apparently there are too many sarcastic people on this board reading this to understand it.

For the people that actually understood what I was trying to say, I appreciate that. I was just stating my thoughts.

Not everyone here sails just Carnival. I don't:D People are just questioning your complaints. But I think the icing on the cake was when you said food was hard to find on the ship:cool: Care to explain:confused:

Yep I agree with you. We loved our Legend cruise, but the Liberty was a little too much ship for us. We looked at the layout before we left, but it's hard to tell from just looking at pictures what the ship would actually be like. Now we know, and we'll stick to the smaller ships.

We purposly didn't go to dinner right on time to avoid the cattle herd we experience the first two nights. We weren't really late, maybe like 10 minutes, but that made a big difference. We were frustrated with our dining room issues, amidst other things that I'm not going to bother bringing up cause I'll get flamed left and right... but we didn't let it ruin our vacation. You live and learn, and the only way you'll know if you don't like something is if you try it first.

We enjoy Carnival cause it's affordable, but I think after this trip (or maybe the next one) we're going to try different lines as well because we weren't too thrilled with the service this time around. It could've been an off week for the staff though... I don't know, but we're willing to try again! Hopefully your next cruise is better. I say GIVE ME A CRUISE OR GIVE ME DEATH! ;)

I'm SOOO happy to see what they are doing with the Fantasy class ships. The pictures of the Inspiration's makeover and new Waterworks, etc. make it a viable "smaller" ship option to the 100,000+ tonners. I can't wait to check it out in person (shooting for spring break).

I was on this cruise also, with my husband and in-laws (their first time) and I am happy to say that they will cruise again, with Carnival or anyone else. We didn't have a problem with the layout since it is the same as Glory; but we didn't really have a problem the first time on Glory. You can walk from end to end on most of the decks with cabins. Dinning was great, got our table changed to all sit together on the first night and then changed to an earlier sitting with more people on the second. My husband was dissappointed in the piano man Brad because we had gone every night to the piano bar on our first cruise because we really enjoyed Mike Lawless. I didn't notice Todd making anymore announcements than Mark Price had made on our first two cruises. Deck 3 on either side was never had more than a dozen people on it when I went out. I've only been on three cruises and they were all Carnival, but I'm more than willing to try other lines also. The RCL climbing wall is tempting because I'm scared of heights, and try to challenge myself a little every cruise. This time was climbing the lighthouse in Key West by myself. Hubby chickened out.

To the OP; you said that you liked the spa, but then only gave it 2 out of 5. I commend you for writing a review, but I think it turned out more like a venting of anything you were upset with.

P.S. Jamaica wasn't bad, all we got bothered about were whether we wanted a taxi tour or a ride to the beach. We just said no, that we wanted to just walk around and they usually said nothing or have a nice day.

We are on starting the 13th, so we'll let you know. :D

Does anybody that's been on Liberty recall if they have diet coke out of the fountain or tey use cans (as they did on Fantasy in Jan). This is a big deal to my DW, so please tell me it's fountain. ;)

Does anybody that's been on Liberty recall if they have diet coke out of the fountain or tey use cans (as they did on Fantasy in Jan). This is a big deal to my DW, so please tell me it's fountain. ;)

I'm 99% sure they use cans.

Thanks for the quick response. :)

I guess we'll be looking for fast food places on the islands. :eek:

I'm trying to think of the different bars we went to...

I know the one in the lobby had cans, and one of the few on the Lido did also. I'm pretty sure there's no fountain soda anywhere. Keep in mind though, if there's a kida of soda your wife likes bottled or in cans, you can bring some on the ship. We did :)

Every time I paid for a diet coke it was in the can and they poured it into a glass.

Sorry OP you had a bad cruise. My cruise was better than any other vacation I've been on.

I hope you next one is better.

I have a horror story about the Carnival Miracle, as well. 9/16-9/24. I was on the Lido Deck one afternoon. I ordered a Blue Hawaii cocktail. The bartender made it with TEQUILLA!!!! Everyone knows its gin, triple sec and blue curaco.

OK, so it didn't taste bad at all. And I finished it. But that was a terrible thing to happen, right?

I have a horror story about the Carnival Miracle, as well. 9/16-9/24. I was on the Lido Deck one afternoon. I ordered a Blue Hawaii cocktail. The bartender made it with TEQUILLA!!!! Everyone knows its gin, triple sec and blue curaco.

OK, so it didn't taste bad at all. And I finished it. But that was a terrible thing to happen, right?

Sounds like a simple mistake, your bartender made you a Blue Margarita instead of a Blue Hawaii... I doubt he would have said anything to correct it.

Every time I paid for a diet coke it was in the can and they poured it into a glass.

I'm trying to think of the different bars we went to...

I know the one in the lobby had cans, and one of the few on the Lido did also. I'm pretty sure there's no fountain soda anywhere. Keep in mind though, if there's a kida of soda your wife likes bottled or in cans, you can bring some on the ship. We did :)

Thanks. Unfortunately, it's the fountain she wants. It just doesn't taste the same out of the can. :( Well, I think being on the cruise will help with the withdrawal symptoms. ;) We might be looking for a BK, McDonald's or JitB on the way to the beach though!

Sounds like a simple mistake, your bartender made you a Blue Margarita instead of a Blue Hawaii... I doubt he would have said anything to correct it.

Sounds like it should have been free drinks for the rest of the cruise to me!

Here's another one that I am totally convince was looking for something to gripe about the whole trip. Come on - most of this is just plain nit picking horse dung. Folks you obviously went on this trip with an attitude and you got what you asked for. Don't cruise Carnival again - you would be doing us all a favor. I don't want to be around people who find fault with everything that goes on. Have been on 8 Carnival cruises thus far and have NEVER had any of these issues - let alone have them all in one trip and Heaven forbid you had to wait 6 whole minutes to get into the dining room - have a hot date or something after dinner that 6 mins was going to destroy? And for anyone to say they had a tough time finding food on a cruise ship is just flat wrong, sorry they didn't keep the dining room open 24/7 for your dining pleasure. For goodness sakes you were supposed to be on vacation. If you are so concerned about perfection stay home and schdeule your life to the perfection you think you deserve cause you are not going to find it out in the cold cruel world. And oh yeah don't take your garbage cans out the night before trash pick up until exactly 6:00PM not 5:54 PM - get real.

:( Like I said, last time I post anything in here. I will only be reading. Seems like some people are too sarcastic and uneducated to realize I was giving my OPINION. Some people in here are taking a few statements and not reading everything about them. (IE - I was only complaining about the 6 minute late opening of the dining room because we could not get down stairs (and there are not many accesses through this ship) and we could not get out of elevators any where near that area until they opened the doors and let the people in) And that was a small problem on this ship, I only mentioned that because some people need to use the elevators and that may be a problem for someone.

I do not think I have seen such ugliness for no apparent reason in my life. Thank you very much for the people on this bored that defended my statements (GOOD GOD, some people even agreed) When we got off the ship we ran into 5 different couples that said the same things. So we must not be just "nitpicking". I am just glad I am mature enough to except someone's opinion as just that -- AN OPINION.

Not everyone here sails just Carnival. I don't:D People are just questioning your complaints. But I think the icing on the cake was when you said food was hard to find on the ship:cool: Care to explain:confused:
We have just returned from our first and last cruise with Carnival on the Triumph, and we found it very difficult to find food that was edible, maybe that was what the lady meant.

My wife sailed for six yrs as a maitre d in the Carrib, and a further five yrs in the Med before I met her I had taken part in 13 cruises in the Med and we have now cruised on a further ten since we married, the last two this year in the Carrib.

Having been inside kitchens on cruise ships and fully understanding the problems of the mass production of food, I do not expect alot, sometimes I am suprised by the quality of the product that they can produce.

My wife said that this was the worst food that she had seen offered to guests.

We were talking about this with other people onboard from the UK and America, one of the comments that also resonated was from a father who said we should look at the food they have for the children, if you think the adult food is bad.

Yes there was a lot of it, but for us and a lot of people on that Cruise it was not edible.

The food was not the only reason that we will not sail Carnival for our third cruise this year.

Will carnival care if we do not use them again, of course not, why should they they are a profit making machine, they have a recipe that works, for those who like it great.

It does amuse us to see the responce of ops to a negative revue, the childlike and slavish flaming does remind me of that Iconic American show

"Gerry Springer" Kalo Taxidi

:( Like I said, last time I post anything in here. I will only be reading. Seems like some people are too sarcastic and uneducated to realize I was giving my OPINION. Some people in here are taking a few statements and not reading everything about them. (IE - I was only complaining about the 6 minute late opening of the dining room because we could not get down stairs (and there are not many accesses through this ship) and we could not get out of elevators any where near that area until they opened the doors and let the people in) And that was a small problem on this ship, I only mentioned that because some people need to use the elevators and that may be a problem for someone.

I do not think I have seen such ugliness for no apparent reason in my life. Thank you very much for the people on this bored that defended my statements (GOOD GOD, some people even agreed) When we got off the ship we ran into 5 different couples that said the same things. So we must not be just "nitpicking". I am just glad I am mature enough to except someone's opinion as just that -- AN OPINION.

But you didn't answer all the other questions thrown at you. If you didn't want feedback then you should only post in the review section.

Fair is fair........but hey that's my OPINION :p

We have just returned from our first and last cruise with Carnival on the Triumph, and we found it very difficult to find food that was edible, maybe that was what the lady meant.

My wife sailed for six yrs as a maitre d in the Carrib, and a further five yrs in the Med before I met her I had taken part in 13 cruises in the Med and we have now cruised on a further ten since we married, the last two this year in the Carrib.

Having been inside kitchens on cruise ships and fully understanding the problems of the mass production of food, I do not expect alot, sometimes I am suprised by the quality of the product that they can produce.

My wife said that this was the worst food that she had seen offered to guests.

We were talking about this with other people onboard from the UK and America, one of the comments that also resonated was from a father who said we should look at the food they have for the children, if you think the adult food is bad.

Yes there was a lot of it, but for us and a lot of people on that Cruise it was not edible.

The food was not the only reason that we will not sail Carnival for our third cruise this year.

Will carnival care if we do not use them again, of course not, why should they they are a profit making machine, they have a recipe that works, for those who like it great.

It does amuse us to see the responce of ops to a negative revue, the childlike and slavish flaming does remind me of that Iconic American show

"Gerry Springer" Kalo Taxidi

Sorry you didn't have a nice time on the Triumph.

I don't think that's what the op was talking about. If you look at her complaints one was the buffet was only open at certain times. The grille was only open at certain times. Then came we had a hard time finding food.:cool:

She did mention the food in the dining room was not good. Which I will agree. I don't think the food is anything to write home about either.

It's just strikes me as funny that they knew what time the dining room opened but did not know the times of the other food venues even though it is posted in the capers daily:p Oh and let's not forget room service 24/7.

See your attitude did not chg and thats ok. Don't remember anyone insulting your intellegence or questioning your education level so why did you feel it necessary to do that to others. You might be surprised by the educational level of any of the folks on this board. - maybe I missed that or that may be just another example of the attitude you dispaly on most everything which is why in most cases you were jumped with regards to your post. Any time you make a comment like I will never sail Carnival again - or any other line for that matter you are going to get nailed if your complaints seem to be nit picking and yours were -

Archived