Luggage drop off at PC...

stoneybeach1

We are renting a car from Thrifty and would like to dropp off our luggage at the terminal THEN go to Thrifty to drop the car and take the shuttle back. That way we don't have to hassle with the luggage on the shuttle bus.

Is that doable? Do they allow drop off of luggage even though you aren't checking in for another 1/2 hour or so?

Absolutely, it's done all the time. Once you drop off your luggage you will not see it again until they deliver it to your cabin, usually after you set sail.

You can drop your luggage off, go shopping for a few hours etc, drop off your rental car and then hop on the ship if you want. As long as your name is on the ships passenger manifest it doesn't matter when you drop it off.

//////////////////

just wondering if you are flying in the same day. We are flying in the morning of our cruise and are wondering what the best option is for 4 of us to get from Orlando airport to the port. Is the Thrify drop off near the port where the ship is?

Appreciate any thoughts.

Thx.

just wondering if you are flying in the same day. We are flying in the morning of our cruise and are wondering what the best option is for 4 of us to get from Orlando airport to the port. Is the Thrify drop off near the port where the ship is?

Appreciate any thoughts.

Thx.

Hi,

Someone else provided the distance from Thrifty to the port area with the cruise ships as 1.2 miles.

Here is the link:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=558119

We ( 2) are also trying to decide if to rent a car or use a shared shuttle from Orlando airport to PC. Probably we will the car.

Wes

when I contacted Thrifty to reserve our rental, I was told the cruiseship location does not do drop off's nor do they have shuttle but this only provide pick up from port to rental location. You will have to return the rental to miami aiport and take the shuttle to the port. Also I was advised in using the shuttle to contact thrifty 30 min prior to arrival to arrange the shuttle service

hope this helps:cool:

Hi,

Someone else provided the distance from Thrifty to the port area with the cruise ships as 1.2 miles.

Here is the link:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=558119

We ( 2) are also trying to decide if to rent a car or use a shared shuttle from Orlando airport to PC. Probably we will the car.

Wes

Rent the car, its a piece of cake.

Rent the car, its a piece of cake.

Hi psbcap,

thank you for your help and your recommendation both here and in the email.

In one of the older posts Shirley suggested to contact Bob or Monica ( Avis ) for some good rates - I did that but so far no reply.

I guess they ( rentals) are all close in price to each other, so it will not make much difference who I rent from.

Thanks again,

Wes

Does Thrifty car rental have a shuttle to the port after dropping off car in port canaveral and is it free, Thanks

I can not confirm this from my own experience ( not for another month) but reading all of the posts by psbcap or Shirley ( both provide a lot of good information), assured me that they do, similar to all of the other rentals. No one ever posted that there is a cost for shuttle from the car rental office to the ship ( or in reverse), so the only cost will be whatever one decided to tip.

psbcap / Shirley - please corect this, if I am wrong.

Wes

Hi psbcap,

In one of the older posts Shirley suggested to contact Bob or Monica ( Avis ) for some good rates - I did that but so far no reply.

I guess they ( rentals) are all close in price to each other, so it will not make much difference who I rent from.

Thanks again,

Wes

That may not be the case. Car rental can be very volitile. It seems to change by the day. Not only the day you need it but the day you reserve. On a recent trip to Puerto Rico I decided against a car because of the $70.00 rate. About 30 days out i got a rental special from Hotwire. It said cars as low as $12.95. I knew it would not apply to me but gave it a shot and got a car for $15.00.

I would shop around.

Hi psbcap,

Thanks again,

Wes

This just showed up in my e mail.

http://www.hotwire.com/car/index.jsp?nid=N-OTH-080&vid=V-OTH-080-V1&did=D0020&tracking=promo

Hello psbcap,

thank you for the link and the advice.

I tried this link and "Hot wire" ..... now and previously, and never had any luck.

As soon as I have indicated "one way" rental - A a message shows up: "WE're sorry: we don't offer the car you need at this time. "

then I get redirected to Expedia, and trying to use Expedia does not work either because their data base can't find Cape Canaveral as the drop off place for the car.

Using direct web sites of rental companies seems to work and so far my Costco membership 'code' seems to give me the best rates.

Thank you again for your help - I and probably many, many more of us using this CC board have learned from you a lot and benefited even more.

Wes

Hello psbcap,

thank you for the link and the advice.

I tried this link and "Hot wire" ..... now and previously, and never had any luck.

As soon as I have indicated "one way" rental - A a message shows up: "WE're sorry: we don't offer the car you need at this time. "

then I get redirected to Expedia, and trying to use Expedia does not work either because their data base can't find Cape Canaveral as the drop off place for the car.

Using direct web sites of rental companies seems to work and so far my Costco membership 'code' seems to give me the best rates.

Thank you again for your help - I and probably many, many more of us using this CC board have learned from you a lot and benefited even more.

Wes

Wes one more idea. Go to the I work in Port Canaveral thread and click on search. Type in the keyword code. It seems I remember some being posted. Also somesites you need to type in Cocoa Beach to find Cape Canaveral. Actually only National is there but its a bigger town.

Archived