COSTA FORTUNA - ANYONE CRUISEDorCRUISING?

njbrunete

Hello, I am cruising for the first time on Costa Fortuna on Dec 9th to the Eastern Caribbean for 7 nights our of Port Everglades, FL. Anyone every cruised this ship before? I am trying to get some information on the ship, excursions, food, but can't really seem to find anything on particular cruise line. Any info would be appreciated!

Thanks!!!

ya check the roll call forums. i'll probably be on the week before with megnsamgracie as well but i know cruise4andy is on the 9th! he's a wealth of information.

there is a lack of info on the fortuna because she's never been in the caribbean before, and there's only a few people who have cruised her in europe that have posted here.

roll call your best bet. and for ship related things try posts on the magica, a sister ship.

Size, layout and amenities of the Fortuna are identical to her sistership the Magica, which we have cruised last year. All Costa ships have different themes and colors on the interior, which makes each and every one of Costa's ship interesting and unique (same as the Atlantica and Mediterranea - sisterships, yet so unique and different).

We love cruising Costa... and yes, I also replied on the Roll Call. We're definatley booked, confirmed and ready to go for December 9. Although my wife STILL has no clue as it will be her Christmas/Anniversary present. I'll tell her next month... LOL

Max will be the cruise director for the Fortuna (as confirmed here in the forum)... he's a blast!

Just ask away and we shall answer!

Great to have you on board!

See you soon...

Andy

There are 7 couples booked for the Fortuna New Years cruise, all in suites. I am having trouble finding out details about the ship but hope that will change when she starts sailing out of Ft. Lauderdale.

ALL YOU FELLOW CC'S WHO ARE GOING THEN, PLEASE POST ABOUT YOUR TRIPS, THANKS IN ADVANCE.

Have read everything on CC site and even saw photos of some of the Med. cruises folks have taken.

I posted a roll call and ONLY ONE OTHER Couple ANSWERED.........:confused:

I guess we have a huge empty ship to ourselves, WOW:eek: .......

Linda

You can go to the Costa website and see the excursions they offer there. If you have your booking id number you can register with them and book your excursions before you even board.

The ports of call boards here on cruise critic are also a great resource. Lots of information on making your own tours if you prefer to do that rather than the ship exscursions.

Sometimes I find also checking the Carnival website and looking at there excursions is helpful as well. Same parent company so excursions tend to be similar. Costa may not have every excursion listed online and you will find more available once you board but checking out the Carnival site might give you a sneak peak at what those excursions are.

We are cruising the Fortuna the week after you and cruised the Magica last December. We cruise a lot and we really really enjoyed the Costa product. The ship was gorgeous, cabin was large and comfortable, great food, really neat entertainment, theme nights are a blast, LOTS of places to dance in the evening, Max is a fun cruise director...just a lot of pluses for us.

We've never cruised NCL so I can't say how it compares to what you are used to but dollar for dollar we feel Costa rates very well against the other lines.

• 1 month later...

Just got off the Nov. 2nd transatlantic cruise. Note that the ship is the same as the Carnival Glory so many of your questions on the ship can be answered by those who have been on it. I would be glad to answer any of your questions.

Archived