For newbies

celbercrz333

I've posted this before but want to let newbies know about it. When you board your ship, they give you a map of all the levels and what is on each level. It will take you a day or two not to get lost, so keep the map with you if you can. Ships are larger than you think. I remember getting off at Hamilton, Bermuda and once down on the ground looking up and thinking "I'm on that???" It doesn't seem like you are up that much when you are on it. Anyway, if you can find something that stands out it will help you to know where you are. I think back to our second cruise on Carnival Fascination. The stairs with the potted plants go up to the pool area. They made it easy to find by making the bottom of the steps decorative.

I've posted this before but want to let newbies know about it. When you board your ship, they give you a map of all the levels and what is on each level. It will take you a day or two not to get lost, so keep the map with you if you can. Ships are larger than you think. I remember getting off at Hamilton, Bermuda and once down on the ground looking up and thinking "I'm on that???" It doesn't seem like you are up that much when you are on it. Anyway, if you can find something that stands out it will help you to know where you are. I think back to our second cruise on Carnival Fascination. The stairs with the potted plants go up to the pool area. They made it easy to find by making the bottom of the steps decorative.

Never used a map and probably would lose it if I did. It's not that hard to figure out. One thing someone was with me figured out - on one cruise (NCL-can't remember ship) the fish on the carpet were always swimming (pointed) downstream (toward the rear of the ship).

On the 2 RCI ships (and I would assume all ships), there are physical maps all over the place. Near the elevator, on the promenade (if the ship has one), etc. Even inside the elevator it listed the places on each floor. I did bring a map with me, and sometimes when I was sitting down and curious where something was, I would look at the map, but I found that it was easier to check the maps available around the ship every time I walked by them.

Never used a map and probably would lose it if I did. It's not that hard to figure out. One thing someone was with me figured out - on one cruise (NCL-can't remember ship) the fish on the carpet were always swimming (pointed) downstream (toward the rear of the ship).

It was NCL. There's also a trick to remembering which elevator you need. It has to do with the pictures but I don't know if it's the same for all the ships.

I was just kidding my mom about getting lost because she can get so frustrated about this very subject. I told her I was buying her a lime green shirt so I could spot her "just in case"......LOL good thing she has a good sense of humor!! LOL

My sister suggested that I get mom a "few" glasses of wine and a name badge with her name and room number on it.

I think I'm going to be the one who will need a few glasses of wine.

Archived